Packers_Finland
13 years ago

Anyways, the statement I prefer is Dakota's. If you could have any starting 32 QBs, who would you take over Rodgers? I'd take no one. Yup, no one.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I'd take Brees, but Rodgers would be #2.
This is a placeholder
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Don't get me wrong. I'd strongly consider Brees. But for me, the 26 vs 30 would be the defining factor. I'm thinking long-term, who will be most likely to get us more SB wins than the Cows.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
mi_keys
13 years ago

QB numbers these days are out of control. If we take these numbers, David Carr is one of the greats.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/players/davidcarr/profile?id=CAR358385 
In case that wasn't the frustration talking.

I will put it on the line right now. This will be a fact. Aaron Rodgers will go down as one of the TOP THREE Quarterbacks in football history. The only argument against him will be that the game has changed, and one can not compare yesterday to today's game.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Even RaiderPride, who has been the most optimistic of anyone in this thread about Rodgers, isn't saying Rodgers is the best NOW. The operative phrasing is "will be."

Right now Rodgers' record of 17-15 and his playoff record of 0-1 are not that important for the point, or I guess opinion, RP was trying to make. Those numbers are far more indicative of how the team has performed over the last two years than any one player anyways, Rodgers or otherwise.

Quarterback numbers may be out of control, but you still can't ignore the fact he's done more statistically in his first two years starting than any other quarterback in history. He was more efficient running and passing from the quarterback position than anyone else in a single season save for Steve Young a few times. And he has shown nothing but improvement since he took over.

All the evidence points to him having a good shot at becoming one of the all time greats. He has all of the skills and weapons around him to do it. Yeah, there are a lot of unknown variables yet to play out and time will tell. But we have an elite quarterback on our hands (no ring considered) and given a choice between Rodgers and any of Brady, Brees, or Manning I'd consider taking Rodgers, no homer.
Born and bred a cheesehead
rodgehodge
13 years ago

Judas H. Priest. Let's go with "cautiously optimistic" for the continued success of Rodgers and the Pack.

OR

We can start another meaningless discussion relating to the "true" accuracy of a little bit of hyperbole subsequent to a very nice smack-down of a very good team by our QB and co.

I'm going with option "a", including slurping on the green and gold hyperbolic kool-aid, for at least the next few days until our next pre-season game.

:thumbleft:

"dfosterf" wrote:

haha +1
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

Judas H. Priest. Let's go with "cautiously optimistic" for the continued success of Rodgers and the Pack.

OR

We can start another meaningless discussion relating to the "true" accuracy of a little bit of hyperbole subsequent to a very nice smack-down of a very good team by our QB and co.

I'm going with option "a", including slurping on the green and gold hyperbolic kool-aid, for at least the next few days until our next pre-season game.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Gunny, why don't you just make these word twisters do infinity pull ups.

I'll settle this fricken argument right now. All of you, who do you take as your quarterback going forward from this season?

I'm taking Rodgers and not even thinking about it. That makes him a current elite QB.

"dfosterf" wrote:

What is an "infinity pull up"?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
mi_keys, sorry I meant Matt Schuab, I was living in 2006.

The QB rating thing is so stupid. Check this:

1. Aaron Rodgers (26) 97.2 2005-2009 gnb
2. Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999 2TM
3. Philip Rivers (28) 95.8 2004-2009 sdg
4. Tony Romo (29) 95.6 2004-2009 dal
5. Peyton Manning (33) 95.2 1998-2009 clt
6. Kurt Warner (38) 93.7 1998-2009 3TM
7. Tom Brady (32) 93.3 2000-2009 nwe

Is that mean that Philip Rivers is bound to be one of the all time greats because he's done it for even longer than Rodgers. Romo?

Like the I said, right now, Rodgers is the same as Romo and Rivers, good numbers, no career defining wins, no deep playoff runs (exception of Rivers).

Enough with the whole Rodgers has had the best statistics ever in the first two years. You want to see something even more disturbing:

10. Ben Roethlisberger (27) 91.7 2004-2009 pit
11. Matt Schaub (28) 91.3 2004-2009 2TM
12. Chad Pennington (33) 90.1 2000-2009 2TM
13. Carson Palmer (30) 87.9 2004-2009 cin
14. Daunte Culpepper (32) 87.8 1999-2009 4TM
15. Jeff Garcia (39) 87.5 1999-2009 5TM

Those are ALL TIME numbers. Like I said too early to start talking about all time greats.
blank
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

OR

"DakotaT" wrote:

Gunny, why don't you just make these word twisters do infinity pull ups.

I'll settle this fricken argument right now. All of you, who do you take as your quarterback going forward from this season?

I'm taking Rodgers and not even thinking about it. That makes him a current elite QB.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Do you mean for your franchise QB for the next 15 years? Yeah he's younger than Brady and Manning. But if I want someone that is going to win me a SB now, if I could replace Rodgers with Tom f'n Brady this year, I would in a heartbeat. Not even think about it. One guy's won 3 SB's, been to 4, had the best season ever for a QB, etc.

If your saying for franchise QB, your starting a QB, fine but if what people are saying is that they would rather have Rodgers than Brady for one run to the SB, I don't know what to say.
blank
DakotaT
13 years ago

What is an "infinity pull up"?

"Wade" wrote:

You prefer pull ups infinity?

It would be where Gunny Foster would take all these people who bicker over relatively nothing and make them do pull ups, forever.

It's a grouchy old man thing.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Tom Brady won four Super Bowls on a team that allowed Matt Cassell to go 11-5. I believe that if we were to swap Tom Brady for Aaron Rodgers right now, the offensive production of the Packers would decline while that of the Patriots would increase.

Tom Brady is certainly an excellent quarterback. I like to watch him play. But he's not stellar in my opinion, and I will not allow my judgment of his individual performance to be skewed by the glitter on his hand.
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

Hell you want to go by stats then the best qb of all time would have to be Warren Moon with all the stats he had from the CFL and NFL.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I hear this idea thrown around all the time, and while it sounds good on paper, it is patently false. There is no comparison between Moon's and Rodgers' statistics at all. Moon threw the ball a lot, so he racked up big numbers. But in fact, he was not a very effective passer. His career passer rating is 80.9 -- somewhere deep in the 30s when it comes to career passer ratings for quarterbacks. Rodgers, by contrast, is a scintillatingly effective passer with an extraordinary career passer rating (currently the highest in league history after two years). Yes, Rodgers is racking up huge numbers, but he's doing so in an effective manner that benefits the team. While Warren Moon's career postseason winning percentage was .300, I have no doubt Rodgers will exceed that in short order. He's played in a grand total of ONE playoff game, in which he put up some of the greatest numbers in postseason history.

Rodgers has proven to be a top 10 qb but not elite yet, as was stated during the game, he needs to get some hardware first before he goes elite.

"dhazer" wrote:

You're right. Dan Marino wasn't an elite quarterback.

"dhazer" wrote:

I don't like the QB rating as a way to measure QBs, but to each his own. I'm pretty sure that Elway, Unitas, Tarkenton, Bart Starr, etc. all had lower QB ratings than Moon. And Daunte Culpepper has a higher QB rating than Dan Marino.
blank