Discussion Board
beast
2019-11-03T00:53:02Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Yeah.... you are right. In today’s world, what does class and respect hold value wise?
All that matters is to do what YOU want. Self absorbing is what’s important.
Laws don’t matter, rules don’t matter.

And the excuse that “everyone else is doing it” is a reasonable response.
If it feels good to you, do it. The hell with the law, and what anyone else thinks.
Geez....

With the exception of the law parts, you're kinda being a hypocrite in your own statements here.

You're complaining about them not caring about wanting class and respect, because that's what YOU want... and being a bit self absorbing (not that I'm saying you're wrong, or disagree, as I try to follow laws (other than maybe speed limits), but there are more ways to look at it than just one).

And I think I can say that most fans (sports, entertainment, celebrities) are quite guilty over following peoples lives and getting into their personal business because "everyone else is doing it" and because "it's there" to the point of entire media industries being created around following what famous people are doing (even when they're not at work).

And why do we do it? Because "it feels good", just like a number of us (including me and you) are doing rants because it "feels good".

So basically, with the exception to the law/legal parts, you're doing that same thing that you're complaining about... putting your focus/opinion first (which we as fans often do)...


As for following the laws, do you follow ALL of the laws? ALL OF THEM! Including ALL speed limits? Because there are SO MANY STUPID LAWs, that people ignore them all the time (like I ignore speed limits in certain areas, because it's 25 (or sometimes 15) and majority of people are going 40 with no problems.

But some laws that I'm sure get broken all the time in Wisconsin areas

Should all these laws ALWAYS be followed?

No SNOWBALLS in Wausau
Wausau Municipal Code Chapter 9.08.020 states that "No person shall throw or shoot any object, arrow, stone, snowball or other missile or projectile, by hand or by any other means, at any ... public place within the city." For a city that just had its snowiest month ever - 50+ inches in February - that just seems like the fun police!

Racine it’s illegal ... for women to walk down the street unaccompanied by a male.

St. Croix has a law that represses women even more: They’re banned from wearing anything red in public.

Connorsville is more forward-thinking toward women. There, it’s a crime for a man to fire a gun while his female partner is experiencing an orgasm.




I'm certainly not saying people smoking or using drugs ares correct... but people breaks the laws all the times... hell I've been told by more than one law enforcement agent (in different states) that there are so many different car laws on the books, that if you know them well enough, every single car (including police cars), every single car has something breaking the law...


While I personal like to follow the law... there are so many laws (and some extremely stupid), there you have to ignore some of them... and what one person finds smart, another might think is extremely stupid...


And who are we to judge which ones should be followed or not followed?

So we, as humans, almost have to either be Self absorbed, choosing which laws are important to us to both follow, and/or ignore.... OR base it off, the other option of "everyone else is doing it" so it must be alright... that's human nature and we're all doing it (including you, and me)!
gbguy20
2019-11-03T00:57:31Z
now that i know its illegal, im definitely doing the gun while giving an orgasm thing.
buckeyepackfan
2019-11-03T01:11:13Z
He did it.
He got caught
Sometime in the future he will probably have to pay for it.
I don't think the other players will think less of him.
I doubt it has any effect on him performing.
I for one am just going to let the thing play out and hope any suspension doesn't come at a bad time .
The whole thing may just go away.
We are not the ones to judge.

Aaron Jones was suspended 2 games last year for basically the same thing.

I don't think anybody cares now.
He got caught
He paid the penalty.

Whatever happens let's hope he learns his lesson.


Cheesey
2019-11-03T01:37:26Z
Comparing a”no snowballs” law to going 20-24 over the speed limit, and having an illegal substance in your car, is in itself stupid.
Are there stupid laws? Yes.
I guess it was wrong for me to think that people in the public eye would care about how they appear to the public.
And I guess I’m weird that I try to follow the speed limits, even if it’s 25mph. There are reasons why certain areas have low speed limits.
I’m 62, and the ONLY ticket I have ever received was because I turned right on an intersection that had a “no turn on red light” sign I didn’t see. The DA saw my driving record, and lowered it to a lower thing, with no points on my license. I paid the fine and that was it. So I’m not perfect. (Never said I was) but 20-24 over the limit? That’s pretty extreme, wouldn’t you say? I have never gone that much over the speed limit.
If people want to make “excuses” for these guys, go ahead. You can if you want.
They didn’t kill anyone. They broke a couple of laws.
I know they couldn’t give a rodents rectum what I think. As obviously some here don’t either.
I can live with that.
gbguy20
2019-11-03T02:25:13Z
Certainly not trying to get into or continue this argument by any means.....but if a roads regular speed is 70 mph but has a 50 mph construction zone with not a single worker in it it seems pretty easy (read: Common) to continue going your typical 70-75 mph. Thus resulting in your 20-24mph speeding ticket that isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.
beast
2019-11-03T03:38:01Z
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

now that i know its illegal, im definitely doing the gun while giving an orgasm thing.


Exactly my point! ... that we all use are own judgement weather to follow a law or not, depending on how judge said law and the possible reactions to it.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Certainly not trying to get into or continue this argument by any means.....but if a roads regular speed is 70 mph but has a 50 mph construction zone with not a single worker in it it seems pretty easy (read: Common) to continue going your typical 70-75 mph. Thus resulting in your 20-24mph speeding ticket that isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.

GREAT POINT!!!! Someone from a different state, once asked me (in the most low and serious tone of voice), if the rumors are actually true, that our state flag, really does have a traffic cone on it. Because here they put out traffic cones like 3 months with seemingly no progress of actually working on it... and if the lanes aren't changed messed up, the traffic normally doesn't slow down much (if any)

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Comparing a”no snowballs” law to going 20-24 over the speed limit, and having an illegal substance in your car, is in itself stupid.


I agree it's stupid, but it also points out a major flaw in your argument... that laws can sometimes be stupid, and we all (probably) ignore some... by using are own opinion (self absorbing to some degree), or others opinions (everyone else is doing it).

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I guess it was wrong for me to think that people in the public eye would care about how they appear to the public.

I think it's wrong of anyone to think that people in the public eye are any different than the people out of the public eye... like the people out of the public eye, they want to do their own private stuff too... they care about how they appear (to different degrees based on the person) but them living their private lives comes first.


Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

And I guess I’m weird that I try to follow the speed limits, even if it’s 25mph. There are reasons why certain areas have low speed limits.
I’m 62, and the ONLY ticket I have ever received was because I turned right on an intersection that had a “no turn on red light” sign I didn’t see. The DA saw my driving record, and lowered it to a lower thing, with no points on my license. I paid the fine and that was it. So I’m not perfect. (Never said I was) but 20-24 over the limit? That’s pretty extreme, wouldn’t you say? I have never gone that much over the speed limit.


I certainly completey agree that certain areas have really low speed limits for GREAT reasons and they should stay that low for safety reasons... but there are also other roads that have no reason being that low, and people just ignore it because it's stupid (which I believe is a safety hazard, in that they then think they can ignore it on the roads that truly need the slow limits).

I'm not your age, but I've never gotten a ticket (yet)... but on the straight interstate, I certainly don't think it'd be surprising to see people going 15 to 25 MPH over the speed limit... it's the ones going 35+ that surprise me.

go.pack.go.
2019-11-03T05:23:22Z
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Certainly not trying to get into or continue this argument by any means.....but if a roads regular speed is 70 mph but has a 50 mph construction zone with not a single worker in it it seems pretty easy (read: Common) to continue going your typical 70-75 mph. Thus resulting in your 20-24mph speeding ticket that isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.



Exactly. This is what I was trying to say earlier.
Cheesey
2019-11-03T16:17:30Z
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Certainly not trying to get into or continue this argument by any means.....but if a roads regular speed is 70 mph but has a 50 mph construction zone with not a single worker in it it seems pretty easy (read: Common) to continue going your typical 70-75 mph. Thus resulting in your 20-24mph speeding ticket that isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.



That is a good point.
Now if that was the case, and there was no illegal substance in the car, being as he wasn’t driving under the influence, it wouldn’t be as big of a deal.
But marijuana is still against the law here, and against the rules of the NFL.

I drive in the expressway all the time. I do the speed limit (70mph here) and constantly have cars zooming past me.
If I was a cop, I could hand out dozens of tickets all day long. And texting and driving? Ridiculous how many times I see that.
How many people are killed every day by people that ignore theses laws?
Like I said before, the speeding is bad, but the drugs in the car was REALLY dumb.
And although I don’t know for certain, my bet is the pot wasn’t for pain, but for fun.
Get high when your career is over. Why chance losing your job?
I don’t think this incident makes them evil, just dumb.
buckeyepackfan
2019-11-03T16:28:04Z
After I read the article again.

Looks like Mr. Smith could be covering for one of the young guys riding with him.

He was definitely guilty of speeding.

The blunts were found in a duffle bag in the back of vehicle.

"When first asked about them Smith said "what weed?"
When asked again he said he would "Take the hit " for it.

Pretty sure the Coaches and front office know the real story.
IMHO, I just don't think it is going to be that big of deal in house.
The suspension, if any will not be until next year.
I'm ready to move on.
😁
Zero2Cool
2019-11-03T16:50:50Z
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Certainly not trying to get into or continue this argument by any means.....but if a roads regular speed is 70 mph but has a 50 mph construction zone with not a single worker in it it seems pretty easy (read: Common) to continue going your typical 70-75 mph. Thus resulting in your 20-24mph speeding ticket that isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.



Reduced speed limit signs are posted well in advance of the construction zones. There's no way you can scout the area with 100% certainty there are no workers. I've had numerous times (mainly at night) where it looks like no one is around and then a worker or two comes sporting their ugly orange uniforms comes out of anywhere.

Maybe we're trying to say he did slow down and was driving through the construction zone and saw no one was there and sped up? That situation is more believable than somehow going 70 mph and making the assumption no workers are present.

As I tell my daughters with everything. You don't want a negative consequence, don't give me a reason to ground you. Same goes with driving, you don't want higher insurance, don't want tickets, know the laws and obey them ( Even when they seem stupid). Don't give police a reason to notice ya.

This coming from a "recovering" road law breaker who learned shit the hard way. 🙂
Cheesey
2019-11-03T17:12:29Z
Kevin, I’d applaud you 100 times for that post. Well thought out and well stated.
My Dad told me to obey the law, to respect the police.
He said “if you obey the law, you never have to be looking over your shoulder.”

Looks to me you are teaching your girls well.
I’m proud of you!
gbguy20
2019-11-03T17:42:02Z
I'll show you the hard way.
Zero2Cool
2019-11-06T20:39:42Z
Based on the Journal Sentinel report, he was going 81 mph in a 60 mph area. I'm not sure where I (or whoever said it) got that it was a construction zone. But considering that is normally 70 mph, maybe that's why?

Originally Posted by: beast 

So we, as humans, almost have to either be Self absorbed, choosing which laws are important to us to both follow, and/or ignore.... OR base it off, the other option of "everyone else is doing it" so it must be alright... that's human nature and we're all doing it (including you, and me)!



This mentality is what I parent out of my daughters. They learned young that dad don't give a damn if all their friends do this, or do that, or have this or have that. I'm responsible and accountable for them so things done how I feel is best.

As for "everyone else is doing it", they were also taught following a herd is a loser mentality. It is your responsibility to know the rules, know the laws and understand negligence is not an option. I also believe it's better to lead by example than solely with words, which is why I don't drive over solid white lines, why I use my signal even when no one is around, etc ... all that shit. Why? Because I'm a believer in the C.S. Lewis quote: Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
PackerTraxx
2019-11-06T21:39:49Z
You violate the law, if caught, you pay the consequences. That mostly involves only you. In this case, if you're suspended, you're letting the team down. Why would you do that? Why wouldn't you just go to one of your homes with privacy?
yooperfan
2019-11-07T01:08:05Z
Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

You violate the law, if caught, you pay the consequences. That mostly involves only you. In this case, if you're suspended, you're letting the team down. Why would you do that? Why wouldn't you just go to one of your homes with privacy?


Because these kids with all their new found money and fame think that they are bulletproof.

Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Cheesey (2h) : The irony is, you don’t get the irony. (Just kidding!)🤪
Nonstopdrivel (7h) : I must have missed the joke. What is the irony?
Cheesey (25-May) : I think I’ll “irony” my laundry...🤪
Zero2Cool (25-May) : The irony lol....
Nonstopdrivel (23-May) : Agreed. I love doing research. I submitted a paper to a journal a couple of days ago. Fingers crossed that it gets accepted.
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Research projects can be tons of fun!
Nonstopdrivel (20-May) : I don't have any hospital responsibilities, just the endless onboarding process. I'm working on some research projects too.
TheKanataThrilla (18-May) : Is it vacation now NSD or do you still have hospital responsibilities?
Nonstopdrivel (16-May) : I'll be moving to Myrtle Beach in June.
TheKanataThrilla (16-May) : Congrats NSD. When are you moving?
Nonstopdrivel (15-May) : And thank you, everyone. Your kind words are much appreciated. It's been a long, long, long time in coming.
Nonstopdrivel (15-May) : Except that I'll be getting me Lombardi Trophy in the mail in a few weeks (Delayed by the idiotic coronavirus pan(Dem)ic, of course.
Cheesey (15-May) : Congrats NSD! I’m sorry u had to watch from home. Must feel like having a ticket to the super bowl, and watching on TV instead
yooperfan (14-May) : Congratulations NSD!
KRK (14-May) : Now you are truly Dr. NSD. Bravissimo
wpr (14-May) : Congratulations NSD. It's an honor in whatever form.
Nonstopdrivel (14-May) : my*
Nonstopdrivel (14-May) : Watching my medical school commencement from by living room. 😂
Cheesey (14-May) : My favorite position on the Packers is the PUNter!😝
Cheesey (14-May) : Does that mean I should be PUNished?🤪
Nonstopdrivel (12-May) : I'd say most of your puns recently have been more of a stretch than string cheese, but Nostridamus was a masterpiece. I wouldn't nominate it for a Pullitzer anyway.
Cheesey (12-May) : LOL Wayne! I appreciate your comment. You and Non made me feel my “cheesiness” is still worth something here.
wpr (12-May) : I will apologize Cheesey. I saw it and considered it to be the typical cheese spread. I failed to recognize the masterpiece of pun it truly is. mea culpa
Cheesey (12-May) : Nonstop, I honestly wondered if anyone would get it! And you probably were the only one! Good job!🤪
Nonstopdrivel (11-May) : "Nostridamus" -- that might be your best pun yet, not least because it took me almost an entire day to get it.
Cheesey (11-May) : Wayne...is she gonna keep YOU?😂
Cheesey (11-May) : Nostridamis told me that Booger was being released....from the end of my finger!😁
wpr (10-May) : last December. I think I'll keep her.
wpr (10-May) : Today's Mother's Day. My wife can watch whatever she wants. What was on our tv? Pride and Prejudice? Sense and Sensibility? Something on Hallmark Chanel? Nope. Star Trek, Dr Who and now Packers-Bears
Zero2Cool (10-May) : Both guys on MNF are replaced.
KRK (10-May) : Seriously, IMO he was excellent in the role he was in the previous year
KRK (10-May) : To be fair to the guy it snot all his fault.
Cheesey (10-May) : No “Booger?” I heard he was hand picked!😂
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Booger McFarland won't be back in the MNF booth this year. And there is much rejoicing.
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Happy Mothers Day to our resident Kevins: Zero2Cool and KRK.
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Nah, my record is squeaky clean. It's just a reminder of better times and bad mistakes.
KRK (10-May) : NSD, when you have a history of crime, it can't be easy :-)
beast (9-May) : A link to it on twitter
Nonstopdrivel (9-May) : Filling out background check applications is so fucking depressing.
KRK (9-May) : Beast, where did you see that...re Watson/Bears.
beast (9-May) : And PFT pulls back information from before his draft (including his own words), to suggest Watson might currently be mistaken.
beast (9-May) : Deshaun Watson tweets "The bears NEVER ONCE talked to me.." when aruging against the Bears evaluating him... on a discussion about teams choicing QB based on race.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Yup. Make it like week 11 or something. Have some Hall of Fame induction thing or something.
Nonstopdrivel (8-May) : I would rather the entire league took off the same week.
Cheesey (8-May) : I don’t like it either, Zero. But there’s not much we can do about it.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : It'd be more important if the BYE was later. I don't like how the NFL does their BYE weeks.
Smokey (8-May) : Week 5 Bye as important as a game !
Zero2Cool (7-May) : And now it's being said Vikings week 1 vs Packers.
buckeyepackfan (7-May) : @Colts wk1 @Saints wk3 @49r's wk5 Yikes! 😁
buckeyepackfan (7-May) : @Colts-wk1 @Saints wam
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 7:15 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

8h / Random Babble / Cheesey

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

22h / Random Babble / TheKanataThrilla

26-May / Around The NFL / Cheesey

25-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

24-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Random Babble / KRK

22-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / all_about_da_packers

22-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21-May / Random Babble / KRK

21-May / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

18-May / Random Babble / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.