yooperfan
7 years ago

So thankful that Ted and Mike and Dom are in charge than so many of the Posters here and voices you hear on the radio. I don't feel like going back to the Packers of the 70's I grew up with.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Ted Thompson has built a team that is a replica of the 70's if Aaron Rodgers is out of the equation.
Since I highly doubt Teddy is going to stumble across a third straight Hall of Fame quarterback, he has the Packers on track to be a 70's team once again.
I'm fine with keeping Mike and Dom but Thompson really needs to go before it's too late for us to win another Lombardi
With Aaron Rodgers..

uffda udfa
7 years ago

Yup Rodgers plays the game himself.

Brilliant. Reason is completely lost on you.

What reason is that exactly? You like giving up 36 ppg in the playoffs? There's no need to change anything? Your contentment is why nothing does change. Our organization knows the rank and file are just going to fall in line with what is fed from Packers.com and the words that come out of MM's mouth. If Mike McCarthy says the season was successful and wonder why anyone would question it the hive won't. If Mike McCarthy sings flowery praise of Dom Capers, then that must mean no change is needed? Or, could it be Mike McCarthy is trying to keep the buddy club together which is a huge issue.

Why are people who aren't fans of the Packers who actually can be objective asking so many questions about this team and the hive isn't? If you can't see that being a fan of this team might skew your judgment you're lost.

Oh, and did you know Dom is one of the highest paid DC's in the league? That doesn't upset you at all? I wish I could see his contract. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the reason we're holding onto him is because of the contract. We don't want to be paying Dom his ridiculous salary for not coaching while having to pay another DC salary at the same time. Kind of the AJ Hawk thing. Don't move on from a jag LB because his contract prevented it in Ted's mind. Ted doesn't admit mistakes. He hides from them to the detriment of our team.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

Ted Thompson has built a team that is a replica of the 70's if Aaron Rodgers is out of the equation.
Since I highly doubt Teddy is going to stumble across a third straight Hall of Fame quarterback, he has the Packers on track to be a 70's team once again.
I'm fine with keeping Mike and Dom but Thompson really needs to go before it's too late for us to win another Lombardi
With Aaron Rodgers..

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

If Ted listened to 1/2 of the BS that comes from some posters here and talking heads on the radio, we would be the 70's Packers with Rodgers. Far to many Madden heads who think they know what it takes to be a GM. There is a reason they are home sitting on their couch watching.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
7 years ago

If Ted listened to 1/2 of the BS that comes from some posters here and talking heads on the radio, we would be the 70's Packers with Rodgers. Far to many Madden heads who think they know what it takes to be a GM. There is a reason they are home sitting on their couch watching.

That line of reasoning from a guy home sitting on his couch. 😁

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

That line of reasoning from a guy home sitting on his couch. 😁

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I'm not acting like I know more than an ACTUAL GM, Head Coach or DC. Unlike some others (not mentioning names).
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
7 years ago

I'm not acting like I know more than an ACTUAL GM, Head Coach or DC. Unlike some others (not mentioning names).

That's part of your problem. You act like this is rocket science. It's not so unknowable that you can't have an informed opinion? Just because Ted has taken shots at fans and dropped lines like "this isn't fantasy football" doesn't mean we can't scrutinize him. Don't you get how this org loves to control the narrative. Don't want to be presumptuous but I'm getting the sense you buy what Ted and Mike McCarthy sell? Not buying it doesn't make you stupid and buying it can.

What do you think the qualifications are to be a GM of a football team? Did Ted go to a 4 year GM university? The guy was a ST fringe LB in the NFL. Matt Millen was actually a very good LB and he was a brutal GM. Not sure what you think makes Ted Thompson so qualified for the job? One of my bosses in network radio almost went into NFL scouting. He was very bright as to the NFL and Gary Horton was trying to get him to leave to get into it. Stop putting people on pedestals like they're just so beyond that that's why they're a GM and someone else isn't. I wish there was a real life documentary TRADING PLACES style. I'd bet you'd be shocked by it's contents.

UserPostedImage

Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
quote=uffda udfa;
You act like this is rocket science. It's not so unknowable that you can't have an informed opinion? Not sure what you think makes Ted Thompson so qualified for the job?/quote

(1) Ted knows football, he understands what it takes to play an NFL position. (2) He can look at tape and relate it to a player's ability to play a position. (3) He can apply this knowledge to the fact that a team only has X dollars to spend and spending on one position or one year prevents the spending on other positions or other years.

Not knowing makes you a fan. But, your stone-cold refusal to even try to understand football makes you the dumbest self proclaimed expert loud mouth on the internet today in all of sports.

You cant understand football or recognizing talent, so all you have to base your opinions on is stats. EVERYTHING you know comes from stats. Adams is a perfect example: his height weight speed stats are pedestrian, his receiving stats horrible; ergo, you conclude he'll get cut. But, you had a chance to learn, you trashed one of his best days when he had 21 targets and 10 catches. So I broke down the 11 missed targets for you one by one. I educated you on his ability to separate, run routes and challenge for the ball, I educated you on the difficulty in GB's system for a 2nd yr WR to get on the same page as Rodgers; but you refused to learn...REFUSED.

Jordy! You said he's 31 and wont recover from ACL; obviously some stupid stat says so. This is not a 31 YO WR, it is JORDY EFFING NELSON! He not only was great this year, he played great two weeks removed from 2 broken ribs. Did you see Rodgers choke up in his PC about Jordy's performance? Rodgers saw 1st hand what a stud Jordy is; saw him work during the week, heard him gasping for air while wincing in pain the huddle. I wish someone would ask about that. If we won, Jordy's play would have gone down in Packer Lore. Now Jordy's heroism might be lost because the entire GB press corp is so negative and has no stomach for an important feel good story.

But, you fiercely disregarded good information on Jordy and Adams and ferociously clung to your ignorance while expressing idiotic worthless stats to support your fan-babble. Yet you arrogantly profess to be more expert than Ted. Surely, after looking like a total dipshit about cutting Jordy and Adams you'd try to learn what Ted does. No way, Smokey's is right!

Note: Unless you respond relevantly and honestly instead of with your typical obligatory troll replies, which will do everything but, and have you finagling argument through "moving the goalpost," ad hominems, strawmen, red hearings, etc, your reply will be ignored]
uffda udfa
7 years ago

quote=uffda udfa;
You act like this is rocket science. It's not so unknowable that you can't have an informed opinion? Not sure what you think makes Ted Thompson so qualified for the job?/quote

(1) Ted knows football, he understands what it takes to play an NFL position. (2) He can look at tape and relate it to a player's ability to play a position. (3) He can apply this knowledge to the fact that a team only has X dollars to spend and spending on one position or one year prevents the spending on other positions or other years.

Not knowing makes you a fan. But, your stone-cold refusal to even try to understand football makes you the dumbest self proclaimed expert loud mouth on the internet today in all of sports.

You cant understand football or recognizing talent, so all you have to base your opinions on is stats. EVERYTHING you know comes from stats. Adams is a perfect example: his height weight speed stats are pedestrian, his receiving stats horrible; ergo, you conclude he'll get cut. But, you had a chance to learn, you trashed one of his best days when he had 21 targets and 10 catches. So I broke down the 11 missed targets for you one by one. I educated you on his ability to separate, run routes and challenge for the ball, I educated you on the difficulty in GB's system for a 2nd yr WR to get on the same page as Rodgers; but you refused to learn...REFUSED.

Jordy! You said he's 31 and wont recover from ACL; obviously some stupid stat says so. This is not a 31 YO WR, it is JORDY EFFING NELSON! He not only was great this year, he played great two weeks removed from 2 broken ribs. Did you see Rodgers choke up in his PC about Jordy's performance? Rodgers saw 1st hand what a stud Jordy is; saw him work during the week, heard him gasping for air while wincing in pain the huddle. I wish someone would ask about that. If we won, Jordy's play would have gone down in Packer Lore. Now Jordy's heroism might be lost because the entire GB press corp is so negative and has no stomach for an important feel good story.

But, you fiercely disregarded good information on Jordy and Adams and ferociously clung to your ignorance while expressing idiotic worthless stats to support your fan-babble. Yet you arrogantly profess to be more expert than Ted. Surely, after looking like a total dipshit about cutting Jordy and Adams you'd try to learn what Ted does. No way, Smokey's is right!

Note: Unless you respond relevantly and honestly instead of with your typical obligatory troll replies, which will do everything but, and have you finagling argument through "moving the goalpost," ad hominems, strawmen, red hearings, etc, your reply will be ignored]

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Are you part of the triumvirate? Talk about a rewrite, Barfarn. Stats are ALL I use? LOL. I form my opinions based on what I see. Now, sure, when Adams was drafted I was very disappointed as he had below avg. speed for a WR. I watch this team. Not fast enough. Ironic, that they drafted Trevor Davis. Why'd they draft him? We get squatted on and can't get D's out of it. Speed was missing in our offense. Been crying for it for years. What stat did I use to suggest we needed more speed? I could see it with my own eyes. Richard Rodgers is a shining example. You watched every single play and still said he was going to be a star. I watched the guy with my own eyes and concluded he was a turd. No stats required but his stats belie his lack of explosion on the football field. BTW, stats are the very thing used to justify Mike McCarthy and Ted. 8 years in a row in the playoffs...win a lot of regular season games, etc. I can see how they operate beyond the stats and realize these are two very uninspiring people.

You're posting really easily refuted things here lately. Sorry, that you feel the need to lash out because I'm taking apart your arguments. Mike and Ted in lockstep? Mike McCarthy didn't even know when the trade deadline was. Yup...he and Ted in lockstep communicating about possible needs and targets to help the team for a run. You are well written but beneath the shine there is often vacuous postings. Mike and Ted are not in lockstep. McGinn is a well respected journalist that our fanbase hates. Same reason you have an issue with me. I post not as a fan but as an observer. The goal is for me to be impartial and type what I see.

The closing line about ignoring my reply tells me I've hit a nerve. I'll read your ramblings all day every day. There's no rubix cube. Easily rebutted most of the time, not all. I think once in awhile you bring some substance to your style.

I have no idea why you erected your Jordy strawman? I'm not wrong about what I've been saying for years about this regime. Way too slowly, but surely it's getting figured out. You keep pumping out the Packers platitudes and I'll just tell the truth.
UserPostedImage

Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Stats are ALL I use? LOL. I form my opinions based on what I see. Now, sure, when Adams was drafted I was very disappointed as he had below avg. speed for a WR. I watch this team. Not fast enough.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

This was the only part of the response relevant and not dishonest, disrespectful or blitheringly stupid and requires further exploration. Please answer the questions.

When you watch Adams tell me exactly what you are looking for? You say GMing is child's play, impress me! Better yet, take one play...any play and break down for me what Adams did right and/or wrong? Tell me where he is at tin the progression; etc. I know Ted would do this for me!

If Adams was too slow last year are you saying this year he got faster or that he should still be cut?

You concluded that Adams was the worst receiver in football. How did you learn this just by watching "this team"?

When you watch, how can you tell how fast a guy is playing? Do you have a stop watch and you time various players as to how fast they he exact same route if its 5 yard in or 10 yard out or a slant? You do know that when WRs run their routes they dont run full out all the time, they vary their speed to set up the DB, time their break for the progression, right? You understand the difference between straight line speed and quickness, how do you measure the two?

And if you see say Adams run down from behind by a DB and you think that means Adams is slow, isn't that dependent on who's chasing him? Getting chased down by Darrell Green is not the same as being chased down by Laderius, right? So how do you determine the speed of these DBs, do you watch hours of tape on each one to determine if they are fast or just go by some website that tells you what straight-line 40 they ran at a college pro day without pads or fighting through or avoiding blocks.

Again none of your blathering. I dont want your incessant psychobabble. Just talk football! Do an evaluation like you see on the different websites for drafted players. Show me you can evaluate Adams even as good as any draftnik would.
uffda udfa
7 years ago

This was the only part of the response relevant and not dishonest, disrespectful or blitheringly stupid and requires further exploration. Please answer the questions.

When you watch Adams tell me exactly what you are looking for? You say GMing is child's play, impress me! Better yet, take one play...any play and break down for me what Adams did right and/or wrong? Tell me where he is at tin the progression; etc. I know Ted would do this for me!

If Adams was too slow last year are you saying this year he got faster or that he should still be cut?

You concluded that Adams was the worst receiver in football. How did you learn this just by watching "this team"?

When you watch, how can you tell how fast a guy is playing? Do you have a stop watch and you time various players as to how fast they he exact same route if its 5 yard in or 10 yard out or a slant? You do know that when WRs run their routes they dont run full out all the time, they vary their speed to set up the DB, time their break for the progression, right? You understand the difference between straight line speed and quickness, how do you measure the two?

And if you see say Adams run down from behind by a DB and you think that means Adams is slow, isn't that dependent on who's chasing him? Getting chased down by Darrell Green is not the same as being chased down by Laderius, right? So how do you determine the speed of these DBs, do you watch hours of tape on each one to determine if they are fast or just go by some website that tells you what straight-line 40 they ran at a college pro day without pads or fighting through or avoiding blocks.

Again none of your blathering. I dont want your incessant psychobabble. Just talk football! Do an evaluation like you see on the different websites for drafted players. Show me you can evaluate Adams even as good as any draftnik would.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I like how you waived your "rule" to respond to try and have your "aha moment".

Here's how I'd like to answer in part but not whole... I find it very interesting the person who just hammered me with false accusations is now baiting me into talk about play breakdown. The implication is you know it and I don't. The irony is that you who champion yourself a great judge of talent due to your study vs. my eyeball approach which is stupid and pathetic, came to the conclusion Richard Rodgers was going to be a star an I concluded he'd be a turd. You want answers from me? Answer that. Explain it for me. How could a guy so football illiterate dogmatically state Richard Rodgers was a turd while the self styled student of the game who watched all his tape said he was destined for stardom? I didn't back off and bow to your brilliance because I know I'm really stupid and you're brilliant. I challenged you. I challenged what you saw vs. what I was seeing. I put what I saw vs. what you claim you saw. My evaluation was spot on while yours looks foolish. Sorry. It just does.

So, what you've done because you've been embarrassed on Rodgers is turned to Adams knowing I've ripped him from the beginning because he's all you have left for a shred of dignity and redemption.

A very simplistic reply is Jordy benefited Davante much like he benefited Cobb before him. There are a lot of moving parts on O and when Davante was counted on to be the star he flamed out miserably. I stated many times that Davante was a middle of the road WCO WR. He proved that to be dead wrong last year. I looked like an idiot for saying he was average. He was dreadful. I watched target after target head his way with little to show for it. Yes, some Rodgers fault but a ton of it on Davante. Yes, I advocated for him to be cut. I have grown tired of slugs hanging on here waiting for them to develop. Did Davante develop this year? He sure had a better year than last year but it appears much better than it was due to what he gave us the previous season. I commented earlier in January I was impressed with how he was able to get behind CB's on occasion on go routes. I'd not seen that from him. His hands are major question marks. Drops a lot of easy balls in big moments. I don't see him consistently winning contested catches or using his jumping ability, but I have seen him get by guys and that has impressed me. A thread then gets started about Davante being special. It's laughable. I lamented I don't get all 22 and you told me I should be able to tell from TV copy. This is why you've gone this road with me because you know I don't watch all 22. You imply that your conclusions are more correct than mine because you spend more time. I will grant you that you can claim you have done more research but will claim I get more done with much less. I don't need to do what you do. One small not able to be verified horn toot. When we drafted Freeman, I read about him in my Lindy's magazine. I went to watch him live in practice at Lambeau. Don't think it was a family night thing but I had a press pass and was in press box watching practice. I remember thinking the guy was one of the smoothest athletes I'd ever seen. I thought he was going to be a star for us. Never saw him in a game, pre-season, or otherwise. I just watched him work in practice and I felt he would be a star. Said same of Kentrell Brice. I was advocating hard that he not only should make the team but could be a defining player who could change the face of our D. I could've just stopped and said I liked the kid like most do here. I went further putting myself out there claiming he could be a star. Told everyone he was biggest hitter we've had since Chuck Cecil. All that before he played a pre season game. Sorry, that you have to wait and watch hours of tape to still get it wrong.

OH, and I watched a lot of youtube on Adams. I found nothing to get excited about. However, I did say I loved Donte Moncrief. I did say I loved Tevin Coleman. Sadly, I did once love Tim Knicky from SFA. Way wrong about him. Also, liked another LB who amounted to diddly but these were just youtube evals.

As for Adams...saw nothing on his clips where I saw speed, explosion, hands, anything that was eye catching. I LOVED Javon Walker's selection. Sad he didn't stay healthy. He was incredibly talented. Adams doesn't have that kind of talent and that was the kind of player I wanted. I wanted a fast guy who could change games. That's not Adams.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Martha Careful (2h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (5h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (6h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (9h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (9h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (9h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.