DoddPower
9 years ago

That's exactly right.

Originally Posted by: bozz_2006 

The Seattle defense does that to the best of them. Think back about how rattled Peyton Manning was in the Super Bowl. Rodgers made plenty of mistakes, and didn't play good enough to win, but that defense is really that good, it would seem.
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
Aaron Rodgers prone to mistakes and mental errors? WHERE does that come from? He is as much the direct opposite of that as any QB in recent history. As for yelling at players, was there any instance other than the Linsley thing - which was the proper thing to do at the time. Linsley played a generally good game, but he screwed up on that play.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
voiceofreason
9 years ago
I have no problem with Rodgers "yelling" at teammates. I guarantee the coaches say much worse on the sidelines. However Aaron definitely did not play well enough to warrant embarrassing a rookie on national television. Aaron looked out of sorts and hopefully it was just first game jitters, new O line players, the raucous Seattle environment, and the seattle defense itself.
blank
musccy
9 years ago

I have no problem with Rodgers "yelling" at teammates. I guarantee the coaches say much worse on the sidelines. However Aaron definitely did not play well enough to warrant embarrassing a rookie on national television. Aaron looked out of sorts and hopefully it was just first game jitters, new O line players, the raucous Seattle environment, and the seattle defense itself.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

The Packers still had glimmers of hope at that point in the game and off memory he was stomping his leg for the snap for 3 or 4 seconds. Maybe there was a match up he liked, but at the bare minimum the play clock was winding down, in a competitive game at an important moment. He got pissed off and showed 2 seconds of frustration. If he DIDN'T yell we'd be hearing the same comments about Aaron Rodgers that we hear about M.M. lacking intensity and passion.

This is a complete non-story and non-issue.

IronMan
9 years ago
If Rodgers yelling at his teammates upsets you, then you should probably turn in your man card, stop watching football, and join the Girl Scouts.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

Thank you for an opinion without suggesting one must be a woman and stop watching football for making an observation. The yelling in itself is not the problem, never has been. Although the hypocritical fans who blast Cutler for it, but excuse Rodgers for it are something else.

I'm saying, if you're going to yell at someone, you should probably make sure you got your bases covered first. It's somewhat like a parent yelling at their kid for smoking while they themselves are smoking. I disagree with that type of "leadership". And because some joker will be obtuse and ignore the point, lets be clear, parenting and quarterbacking are not one in the same. It was just a loose analogy. [grin1]

UserPostedImage
Packnic
9 years ago
A complete non-issue. If Aaron wasn't upset with a delay of game penalty/wasted timeout, then I'd be concerned.

In truth though, I think Linsley got the snap off, and if Rodgers would have waited it out, he wouldn't have to burn anything. No one seemed sharp or on point last night, and that goes for Rodgers too.

First game of the season, in a legit hostile environment, with the best team in football receiving their rings. We had like a 20% chance of winning that game. I'm certainly not upset that Rodgers got a little fired up over mistakes though.
blank
IronMan
9 years ago

Thank you for an opinion without suggesting one must be a woman and stop watching football for making an observation. The yelling in itself is not the problem, never has been. Although the hypocritical fans who blast Cutler for it, but excuse Rodgers for it are something else.

I'm saying, if you're going to yell at someone, you should probably make sure you got your bases covered first. It's somewhat like a parent yelling at their kid for smoking while they themselves are smoking. I disagree with that type of "leadership". And because some joker will be obtuse and ignore the point, lets be clear, parenting and quarterbacking are not one in the same. It was just a loose analogy. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Ignoring the point? You quoted an article that said Rodgers yelling at ateammate was a "bad look" and "over the top." Thats what I was replying to. Since you didn't write the article, obviously I wasn't referring to you.
Packnic
9 years ago
haha. its like I never went away in here.
blank
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

haha. its like I never went away in here.

Originally Posted by: Packnic 

and you can never ever leave again! You and IronMan, no more disappearing acts! You have a quota, it must be met!!! (or I'll get Aaron Rodgers to yell at you!!)

[boxing]
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (1m) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (41m) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.