musccy
  • musccy
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
We already have, and if/when the Packers lose will continue to rip apart the coaches.

To be fair, they deserve praise on a day like today. Mike McCarthy had the balls to go for 4th and 1, used timeouts to gain the wind an extra drive (leading to a TD) after the 1st quarter this offense miraculously rose from the dead. To this point, Capers continues to get this defense to excel, special teams appear improved. We'll have months to rip them, but yesterday they are due some credit.

PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
I gave credit on a few occasions. The TD to adams was a nice play call at the right time. Going for it was a good call. But I didn't see anything really any different as far as play calling goes. I think the success was because Washington was not a good team. If we go into AZ with the same offensive calls they are going to get killed again.

Hopefully they have some changes in their pocket they are going to pull out for AZ.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
The coach and Aaron both made mention of how they played us differently on defense. A lot of that was helped by the tempo and not giving Washington time to sub and when they tried, we got them with 12 players. That was huge. They did play some man but it wasn't 100% of the time. We'll see a lot more man played by much more talented players this week.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
DakotaT
8 years ago
Lost in all this would be the fact that we beat up the 30th ranked defense in football. Arizona is top 5. I think it has a lot more to do with talent than our predictable coaches.

To beat Arizona, our defense is going to need to have the game of their lives, all of them. Happy to win yesterday, sorry to lose 4 spots of draft positioning. LOL
UserPostedImage
luigis
8 years ago
In a non-related sports once a journalist asked the world-champs about how they have won it all the answer was very simple:
"our opponents made all sorts of mistakes"

I think we have bad things and good things to say about our coaches.

Bad things: they started the game with a ridiculous gameplan we were 0-11 and it could have been (should have been) 0-16 without moving a single yard, we didn't have a first down!

Then Gruden went full retard and became conservative, having one of the worst defenses in the NFL he thought 11-0 was enough to cruise for 3 whole quarters against Aaron Rodgers. Not only that but they went with the 3 stooges defense not even being able to substitute properly. As I saw it Gruden lost the game.

Good things: As soon as we got ahead in the score McCarthy didn't stop playing to win, he didn't became conservative and he kept calling good plays one after the other, reading the safeties in the Redskins defense I was able to call about 80% of our plays, they were dumb he just too advantage.

Credit were credit is due our team played with intensity, they came back and were focused the whole game, they never gave up. Our coaches prepared a very bad game but then were smart enough to take the game when the Redskins handled it back to us.

I'd say the jury is still out
Luis
musccy
  • musccy
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

Happy to win yesterday, sorry to lose 4 spots of draft positioning. LOL

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I was honestly thinking the same thing the first 20 minutes of the game - "well, at least we'll be drafting higher."

Then I was finally reminded of what if felt like to watch a team firing on all 3 phases. Its been months, it felt nice!

In Luigis' backhanded compliment, he touched on a few other things like the intensity and effort in addition to the "self shitting", foot-off-the-gas approach, and myriad other things this team and staff has been criticized for since at least the Denver game.

Even if it was just against the Redskins, we haven't seen this team play this way since at MN so can't we just appreciate the team and coaches exercising their demons, even if it was just for one week, and even if it was against a weaker team?
The_Green_Ninja
8 years ago
The key to our success relied on two key factors:

1. Randall Cobb's dedication to run
2. Short passes opening up everything else.

Once you get the defenders to play closer, that opens the big play. Once the big play opens, the run game opens. Once all three open, you get Packer football again.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

Even if it was just against the Redskins, we haven't seen this team play this way since at MN so can't we just appreciate the team and coaches exercising their demons, even if it was just for one week, and even if it was against a weaker team?

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I would say no. I don't want the team to just look good playing lesser teams. I want the team to stand a chance against the best. And I wanted to see them do something different than what got us beat last time. We can't count on 12 man penalties, and free plays along with scramble drills against good defenses.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.