Pack93z
7 years ago

Pack93, I am not you. LOL

Where redeeming quality can be found in argument its uplifted and NEVER have I lashed out at anyone. I might attack or "lash out" if that floats your boat against an idea; but that is 100% different than attacking a person.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Glad you are not me and have confirmed it... now I know that other voice in my head isn't you. šŸ˜

First, I like your posts for the most part... same with Uffda and some others that challenge the norm.

Where I think they stray, because you don't always know your audience, is when the challenge also comes with some direct comments directed towards another poster. Sometime subtle, sometimes not.

Why does it matter?

It matters because, even if the one that the comment is directed to accepts or ignores it, the remainder of the audience may not. Some will think it acceptable... some will be discouraged from sharing their thoughts.

And that matters... we want great discussions, that is the basis of a forum. The purpose of its existence.

Comments like this... Figures...LOL. Donā€™t be a servile sycophant lemming. do not foster the discussion. Subtle... but that one, builds into another... and the verbal volleyball is off.

If the emotions are in check, then simply frame the response differently.. nothing more. Talks about how you disagree and attack the topic solely.

Personally, that generates more discussion on the topic and less on the petty little sniping back and forth.

Again... I love to read anything that challenges my belief structure, many times it forces one to examine the root of those thoughts and either alters them or reconfirms them.

Pointing back to the topic...

I think Trump a buffoon... A con man that is just now realizing it is going to require much more than he anticipated. Has very little in terms of knowledge how to work within a structure when it doesn't just bend to his will or pocketbook. That said, it is fun to watch the establishment that is DC cringe when he tries to ram his autocratic view down their throats. A simple taste of how we the constituents think about the establishment itself.

But post by post... news story by news story, I can find partial trains of thought that I can agree with or support.

I don't want to simply write him off and hope for a quick impeachment... but I am leery that his lack of knowledge and his propensity to "win" doesn't do irrevocable harm to this nation. I truly hope those that have his ear in the matter of foreign policy have the ability to see the big picture.

Russia doesn't worry me as much as North Korea and the hidden ties that bond them to other powers. That is a scary game of chess we are playing there.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

I don't want to simply write him off and hope for a quick impeachment... but I am leery that his lack of knowledge and his propensity to "win" doesn't do irrevocable harm to this nation. I truly hope those that have his ear in the matter of foreign policy have the ability to see the big picture.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Personally I think this points to one of his best qualities. Sure he has his public act he puts on, "I know more than anybody, believe me". But what I see is that he knows he doesn't have all the answers and has made it to where he is, by surrounding himself with the people who do know.

The attack on Syria and the MOAB on Afghanistan are not him or Ivanka coming to him as some in the Media have tried to make out. It is the Military Advisors and intelligence putting it together. The EOs he has been signing, are not written by him. The abortion ACA replacement certainly wasn't.

I don't care what he tweets, or says or how many times he contradicts himself. I care about what he actually does and for the most part, his actions have been in the right direction. I wish he would have gone harder at the ACA repeal but that was never really urgent as even if they passed it on day 1, it wouldn't be implemented until next year at the earliest.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
7 years ago

I don't care what he tweets, or says or how many times he contradicts himself. I care about what he actually does and for the most part, his actions have been in the right direction. I wish he would have gone harder at the ACA repeal but that was never really urgent as even if they passed it on day 1, it wouldn't be implemented until next year at the earliest.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

But how can you trust him on anything he declares... he can and has simply contradicted himself rapidly.

He isn't a steadying force at the moment whatsoever, while I see signs at the top of his administration that it is settling down and pushing out some of the most disruptive voices around him, it now looks like he is building a monarchy instead of a staff. One riddled with conflicts of interest.

The biggest hope that I have for his term, that he shakes the tree hard enough in Washington that they have no choice but to start to work for the people in a more transparent state. One that rallies to prevent the first family from doing little but lining their pockets before doing any real long term damage.

That said, I concur, I would be much more worried about the current state without those directly around him at the moment. Problem is, will any of them be long term prior to him shifting in another direction?

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

But how can you trust him on anything he declares... he can and has simply contradicted himself rapidly.

He isn't a steadying force at the moment whatsoever, while I see signs at the top of his administration that it is settling down and pushing out some of the most disruptive voices around him, it now looks like he is building a monarchy instead of a staff. One riddled with conflicts of interest.

The biggest hope that I have for his term, that he shakes the tree hard enough in Washington that they have no choice but to start to work for the people in a more transparent state. One that rallies to prevent the first family from doing little but lining their pockets before doing any real long term damage.

That said, I concur, I would be much more worried about the current state without those directly around him at the moment. Problem is, will any of them be long term prior to him shifting in another direction?

I said it during the election. I don't really trust Trump. But I did trust that Hillary, and the status quo for that matter would be as bad or worse. I see some light at the end of the tunnel with Trump that I didn't see with politics as normal.

I expect to see a fair amount of turnover in those people around him, after all they are not all going to be useful the entire time. But I'm not sure that is a bad thing. I expect him to change those close to him as he tackles different areas. Those he wants around about Immigration are not the same as he is going to want for Budgeting, and those are not the same as he is going to want around for healthcare. I think as he goes along we will be able to tell what his current priorities are by who is closer to him at that time, and as his priorities change so will his "crowd".
DakotaT
7 years ago

I said it during the election. I don't really trust Trump. But I did trust that Hillary, and the status quo for that matter would be as bad or worse. I see some light at the end of the tunnel with Trump that I didn't see with politics as normal.

I expect to see a fair amount of turnover in those people around him, after all they are not all going to be useful the entire time. But I'm not sure that is a bad thing. I expect him to change those close to him as he tackles different areas. Those he wants around about Immigration are not the same as he is going to want for Budgeting, and those are not the same as he is going to want around for healthcare. I think as he goes along we will be able to tell what his current priorities are by who is closer to him at that time, and as his priorities change so will his "crowd".

LOL

Did you get your trickle down tax credit, Twins? Maybe next year then.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Comments like this... Figures...LOL. Donā€™t be a servile sycophant lemming. do not foster the discussion. Subtle... but that one, builds into another... and the verbal volleyball is off.

If the emotions are in check, then simply frame the response differently.. nothing more. Talks about how you disagree and attack the topic solely.

Personally, that generates more discussion on the topic and less on the petty little sniping back and forth.

But post by post... news story by news story, I can find partial trains of thought that I can agree with or support.

Pack93, okay yea that comment looks bad, but com'mon, given the circumstances? And that wasn't emotion at all. I actually spent some time on that response...LOL

PFWT wrote in response to a well thought out post, "The lack of Barfarn understanding is really mindboggling."

PFWT was trying to end the discussion with an insult going out. Now his insults dont say anything about me, but I wanted to reengage him; to draw out his supporting opinion. And I must say, It worked...LOL. I guess I have an agenda here; it is to point out that corporate media and journalism today is nothing more than a pervasive propaganda effort. No opinion is safe; when every little fact requires 2 hours of research. I'll be litigating against some of these media outlets in the next year if things fall into place, they should not have 1st amendment [NYT v. Sullivan] protections unless they are informing the public in a way that allows the People to properly govern thru consent. They are using their rags for propaganda and internet clicks...let's call it "economic anti-speech."

I digress, if PFWT had offered an explanation in front of his conclusory statement, I would have addressed his explanation and ignored the insult. The only fear one might engender as a result of this is a fear to post a conclusory insult [Snickering].

you see something positive Trump has done; please elucidate, because I see nothing. And we dont want nor will there be a quick impeachment; need that to come in year 2 and trial and conviction last into year 3. That way if the most dangerous guy in the White house [Pence] survives, he wont have time to do anything.
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Those he wants around about Immigration

The alt right movement was sparked in 2012 when for the first time in US minority births outstripped Caucasian. In 13 years, theoretically there will be more minorities registering to vote for the first time than Caucasians.

Add to that the huge disparity in immigration of Latin-types, Asians and from Muslim-countries versus European-types and you have a bunch of White Supremacists freaking out that very soon Whites will be a minority in the US. The Wall and those stupid unconstitutional bans are not per se about keeping immigrants out; it is to send a message: "Caucasian-types only need apply."

Fake news about terror attacks, the domestic cuts and Sessions war on pot, etc., are designed to negatively affect the mortality rates of and to incarcerate minorities.

Much of Trump's action is designed to advance a White [Christian] supremacist agenda.
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

LOL

Did you get your trickle down tax credit, Twins? Maybe next year then.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

You have it wrong, tax credits are to prevent MY money from not trickling, but streaming UP to government. But I do get money trickled down to me every payday. Unless somebody has discovered a money tree so does everybody else who gets a pay check.
DoddPower
7 years ago

You have it wrong, tax credits are to prevent MY money from not trickling, but streaming UP to government. But I do get money trickled down to me every payday. Unless somebody has discovered a money tree so does everybody else who gets a pay check.

Nothing Trump has proposed is going to stop the disproportionate accumulation and concentration of wealth for the top few percent of Americans. In fact, it will likely continue to accelerate, as it has for years now. But yeah, you'll get your crumbs, so there's that.
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

Nothing Trump has proposed is going to stop the disproportionate accumulation and concentration of wealth for the top few percent of Americans. In fact, it will likely continue to accelerate, as it has for years now. But yeah, you'll get your crumbs, so there's that.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I've been obtaining more for myself every day, month and year of my adult life. but I guess I must just be exceptional.