Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

ticho66 (4/17/2010 at 7:45 AM)
I think it's hilarious how a guy can call Packer fans stupid and then in the same breath wonder how T.T. has kept his job. Put two and two together man. Ask yourself this. Is there any team the past two years that absolutely had to have their QB look good the way the Packers did? Where would T.T. and McCarthy be had Rodgers only had average seasons, and the team spent more energy on building a running game, offensive line, pass defense, special teams? What if Rodgers had an average season and by trying to become a better all around team, rather than padding Rodger's numbers, the Packers would have won more games. If the Packers would have won ten games and Rodgers looked merely OK two years ago, then Packer fans would have been livid with contempt and whining, "If we had Favre we'd have won it all." And, the same could be said about last year too. It was in McCarthy and T.T.'s best interest to make Rodgers have great stats and the rest of the team to look poor. It really is the best way for them to limit the criticism as much as possible. Funny thing is, there might be a half dozen Packer fans smart enough to see reality. Will the blinders come off after missing the playoffs in 2010?

I found this odd comment on ESPN the other day and don't know what to make of it. Intuitively, it seems wrong to me, but I'd like to see some of the better football minds on this site dissect it.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
It's obvious. Ted and Mike try to build as good a tema around Rodgers as they can, only to ask them to play worse than they are, and then have Rodgers make easy completions to pad his stats. My blinders are off.

Also, we've never been to the moon, Elvis lives in Germany, Hitler is alive and well in Hawaii, Clinton has been assasinating his associates and the 2010 Haiti earthquake was caused by US government weapons testing.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I surely don't classify has a better football mind, but I did watch every Packers game last year and padding the stats for Rodgers is pretty foolish to say. It kind of insults those of us who watched the games. What game did we go Patriots on teams?

I'm supposed to think deeper and believe that the Packers switched to a 3 - 4 sieve passing defense so they could unleash Aaron Rodgers on the NFL in hopes of sparing their jobs?

One player's great stats will never save a GM his job or a HC for that matter.

We also had a RB run for over 1,200 yards, how does that figure into the padding stats theory? Are we implying that Ryan Grant was a ... sorry fell out of my chair with laughter ... a decoy for Aaron Rodgers and the passing game?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
14 years ago
The previous guy had all those same weapons on offense and didn't have to run for his life. Well, except Finley I guess.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
British
14 years ago
If Ted Thompson was in job-saving, Rodgers-stat-padding mode, wouldn't they have made some desperation trade for a top LT? If keeping Rodgers looking good was all they cared about surely he would sacrifice a future pick or two and ovepay for a LT?

Also in the two games against the Vikings Capers said they decided to stop AP by stacking the box and seeing if Favre could beat them through the air.

If the Rodgers/Favre battle was all we cared about wouldn't they have shifted that philosophy little?

I think if you follow the Pack as closely as we do and assess every word the GM speaks in public it's clear he's not the type that obsesses about his personal reputation, legacy, opinion polls etc. Ted Thompson is seen as a tight lipped, introverted guy who spends more time watching tape than basking in the media light of being a GM. I just dont see him worrying too much about Rodger's personal stats.

And I don't think he has to worry too much about 'fans calling for his head'. A lot of them did that last season and Murphy seems to have his back. I think Thompson has one of the safest GM jobs in the league.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
14 years ago
It's true.

We never landed on the moon.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
nerdmann
14 years ago

It's true.

We never landed on the moon.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

I think we were there in about 1955. And it probably took us about ten minutes to get there.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I surely don't classify has a better football mind, but I did watch every Packers game last year and padding the stats for Rodgers is pretty foolish to say. It kind of insults those of us who watched the games. What game did we go Patriots on teams?

I'm supposed to think deeper and believe that the Packers switched to a 3 - 4 sieve passing defense so they could unleash Aaron Rodgers on the NFL in hopes of sparing their jobs?

One player's great stats will never save a GM his job or a HC for that matter.

We also had a RB run for over 1,200 yards, how does that figure into the padding stats theory? Are we implying that Ryan Grant was a ... sorry fell out of my chair with laughter ... a decoy for Aaron Rodgers and the passing game?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Brett Favre is an elite QB. So is Aaron Rodgers. I was bummed when Favre left and Aaron took over. Then Aaron threw TD after TD. Then I realized that both are elite and both are fun to watch, and started rooting for both.

I don't see why we're forced to take sides in this.

Speaking of padding stats, was Favre padding his stats when he threw that needless TD against the Cows in the Playoffs?

(Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVED that moment. Seeing a Cows' player get all butt hurt after being spanked put a wicked smile on my face. I wish we'd do the same to the Cows as I hate the Cows more than Nixon hated communists). Plus, I like it when my favorite players pad their stats and don't think there's anything wrong with that.

The way to limit criticism is to win games and Ted Thompson realized that our weakness in '08 was our D, so we made the necessary changes in '09.

If he really wanted Aaron to pad stats, we wouldn't have focused so much on D last year.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
NormaL
14 years ago
He only did it because Rodgers was my FF QB.
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (20h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (21h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.