mi_keys
12 years ago
Porky,

Out of curiosity, how do you come up with your projections? Or is that a secret?
Born and bred a cheesehead
zombieslayer
12 years ago

You don't think opposing coaches are going to break down our film and make adjustments taking things away?

Having a weapon that can be brought inside and is capable forcing them to match up a backer or safety... but also can be split out thus pulling that backer/safety into space. Thus forcing the defense either to adjust or allow Finley to go one on one with an inferior cover guy; and that isn't considered and important advantage and wrinkle that will drive and bust a lot of coverage schemes to crap.

Sometimes I think we forget that we were a a wildcard team and hardly dominated the entire season or played consistent for that matter. Sure we overcame injuries.. but even early we were a dominate team. My point the difference between losing and winning at this level isn't that great.. you take every advantage you can get and exploit the other team.

We are Superbowl champions.. but we are hardly a dominate consistent team that doesn't have room for improvement and growth. I surely hope that we allow ourselves to be comfortable that we won it last year and we don't need to improve.. otherwise we will be on the outside looking in at the Superbowl next season.

Sorry for the rant.. but damn there are so many areas that if improved, would make us such a stronger team.. consistent team. We got hot and peaked at the right time.. this coming season I want to dominate. We have the talent and coaches to do so.. so use every resource we can and pummel the opposition.

Excluding pieces and facets of the team and game aren't going to make us more dominate.. Finley would be a big piece if used properly and healthy.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Don't apologize for the rant. That's what the internet is for.

I'm coming from an entirely different viewpoint. I think Finley's a solid player, just injury prone. So, I'm not at all doubting his ABILITY. I'm doubting him staying on the field for all 19 games this upcoming season.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
The_Claymaker
12 years ago

I do these for every team and a ton of players. I haven't got to Driver yet.

My initial projections have him under 50 receptions though and he would finish fourth on the team in just about every receiving category. Driver is among my favorite Packers, but Jordy performed about the same as Driver a year ago. Plus, Nelson has improved in every year heโ€™s been in the league.

Through the same span, Driver has regressed.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

I wouldn't be surprised in DD was fourth in receiving yards. Finley and Jennings will easily outperform him, and I think his stats will be close to Jordy's so Jordy could have more but as I said I think they will be close. DD was beat up last year, if he's healthy I would think he could at least repeat his stats.
Pack93z
12 years ago

Don't apologize for the rant. That's what the internet is for.

I'm coming from an entirely different viewpoint. I think Finley's a solid player, just injury prone. So, I'm not at all doubting his ABILITY. I'm doubting him staying on the field for all 19 games this upcoming season.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

My point is simply this.. just because we won last season without him, doesn't mean we don't need him to play a role upon the 2011 Packers.

Just like our offense needs to continue to evolve so that we can pull out any phase or approach to counter what the opposition is doing to defeat them.. dominate them and crush their very souls.

That said.. as long as we stay a defensive minded team.. we can play with anyone.. but I want in 2011 is to rip the oppositions virtual hearts out and grind them into submission. :)

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
12 years ago

My point is simply this.. just because we won last season without him, doesn't mean we don't need him to play a role upon the 2011 Packers.

Just like our offense needs to continue to evolve so that we can pull out any phase or approach to counter what the opposition is doing to defeat them.. dominate them and crush their very souls.

That said.. as long as we stay a defensive minded team.. we can play with anyone.. but I want in 2011 is to rip the oppositions virtual hearts out and grind them into submission. :)

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I understand your point and I agree with it. The more weapons, the better. The more weapons, the more options we have.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I understand your point and I agree with it. The more weapons, the better. The more weapons, the more options we have.

Especially if the Packers get a good running game, that will seal the deal on successfully repeating as World Champions.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
12 years ago

It seems like you and I are amongst the only people here who aren't on the Finley bandwagon. I think he's a heck of a player, but has a history of being injury prone. I don't have my hopes up of him playing a full season.

And being a total jackass.

I really get the feeling that, if there'll be locker room problems, they'll be coming from that young man. Or at least something that he's involved in.
Stevetarded
12 years ago
I can't help but feel that the forcing it to Finley thing is being a tad overblown. The only game where that really happened was in Philadelphia and it was the 1st game of the season. I think the idea primarily stems from the play where Rodgers threw it to him in triple coverage and it got intercepted but that was just 1 play in 1 game.

Yes the offense eventually improved over what it started as but you can normally expect an offense to evolve and improve throughout the course of a season no matter who the WRs are. I think our offense would have been a lot better throughout the year with Finley than it was without him. We probably wouldn't have had as much trouble with Chicago both times at the end of the year. Having Finley is a huge part of being able to attack that cover 2 defense.

blank
The_Claymaker
12 years ago

I can't help but feel that the forcing it to Finley thing is being a tad overblown. The only game where that really happened was in Philadelphia and it was the 1st game of the season. I think the idea primarily stems from the play where Rodgers threw it to him in triple coverage and it got intercepted but that was just 1 play in 1 game.

Yes the offense eventually improved over what it started as but you can normally expect an offense to evolve and improve throughout the course of a season no matter who the WRs are. I think our offense would have been a lot better throughout the year with Finley than it was without him. We probably wouldn't have had as much trouble with Chicago both times at the end of the year. Having Finley is a huge part of being able to attack that cover 2 defense.

Originally Posted by: Stevetarded 

I think it's way overblown. There seem to be Finley haters here. I would probably put him as one of the top 5 most talented players on our roster.
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
And yet again, the word "hater" is thrown around so lightly. Why is that word so popular these day?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (22h) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (22h) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-May / Around The NFL / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.