Zero2Cool
6 years ago
If Brian Hoyer was offered to start for Packers, he'd sign. He wants to play. He's said it several times when with just think Texans. Backup Brett Hundley or Tom Brady. Sorry, I'm going Brady.

I'm siding that this was a new opportunity that wasn't there earlier to improve the backup QB position, not the starting QB.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

if they had a lack of confidence in Hundley they would have pushed harder and I can't see anybody who wants to be an NFL QB turning down a chance at being a starter to be a backup.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

If they had confidence in Hundley, they wouldn't be trying to desperately to hide him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
yooperfan
6 years ago
This revelation makes McCarthy’s rant about the Kaepernick question when he said they had invested 3 and 2 years respectively in their backup quarterbacks, and they didn’t need to go outside the organization to sign another quarterback look even worse.
Barfarn
6 years ago

In fairness to MM, he's not the GM.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

how do we know Hoyer was offered the starting job? Perhaps, he was told he could come in to be Hundley's backup,

Most importantly... 3 year deal vs. what I would guess was a lesser deal from us?

Hoyer not being in GB is the critical indicator that speaks of GB’s confidence in Hundley over Hoyer, making it to be something else is pure silliness.

Your agenda of hate blinds your ability to argue rationally; football is not as monosyllabic as your argument portends to make it!

1. GM decides personnel…Fire good! NO! GMs and Coaches COLLABORATE. Ted and Mike McCarthy had several discussions on Hundley’s capability as a back-up for 2 years now and it was discussed again when Rodgers went down.

2. Hundley starts…Food good! NO! Everyone who knows better, knows if Hoyer is better than Hundley he’d start, PERIOD. Only a moron [Hoyer and his agent are not] thinks Ted might agree that Hoyer starts no matter how much he might suck in practice. It is something that NEVER would be demanded or agreed to, NEVER. Well, it might be demanded by Kaepernick looking to file a collusion lawsuit.

3. 3 year deal…Cavewoman go’o’o’d. Really? So Hoyer is guaranteed to get paid for the next 3 years in NE? He took this 3 year deal instead of starting? First, WTF. Second, ahhh, no! Let me educate you on how this “3 year deal” is probably structured: a 100K, maybe 200K bonus, this and next year at or very near minimum and 3-4-5 maybe 100 Mil in year 3 that Hoyer will never see and maybe some incentives if he ends up successfully starting. It’s a 1 year deal near the min, if its longer its is 100% on NE's terms, so, it is not a 3 year deal.

4. Hoyer clearly knew his best opportunity to play was in GB. So he could play out a 1 year deal and seek a deal elsewhere next year.

5. GB may not even wanted him as a back-up or Hoyer didnt think he could master GB's offense or he or his family didn't want to come a culturally monosyllabic, provincial, frozen tundra located in the travel sphincter of the world.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

This revelation makes McCarthy’s rant about the Kaepernick question when he said they had invested 3 and 2 years respectively in their backup quarterbacks, and they didn’t need to go outside the organization to sign another quarterback look even worse.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Yeah, I didn't believe it either. Most people didn't. It only made Mikey look foolish.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

This makes me wonder who they would of cut to make room. Would they of kept 3 QBs? If so McCarthy might not look as bad, but if he cut one of the QBs then yeah you hit the nail.

But maybe Francois would of be released for a QB... of course, still have to make room for OLB Biegel.

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
Of course it only makes McCarthy look bad if we assume that the rumors they were trying to bring in Hoyer are actually true. Unless they can be officially corroborated, it's nothing more than speculation.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Why would the rumor be false? The rumor wasn't used to jack up Hoyer's price at least publicly. It being false should only be alleged had it been used prior to the deal with the Pats. It wasn't.

I have little doubt the report is true for it makes no sense otherwise. Further, it makes me believe Ted isn't calling the shots anymore because that would be a very un Ted thing to do. I'm not even sure Ted is aware Aaron is hurt. Our biggest star and one of the NFLs brightest is down and what have we heard from Ted?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Why would the rumor be false? The rumor wasn't used to jack up Hoyer's price at least publicly. It being false should only be alleged had it been used prior to the deal with the Pats. It wasn't.

I have little doubt the report is true for it makes no sense otherwise. Further, it makes me believe Ted isn't calling the shots anymore because that would be a very un Ted thing to do. I'm not even sure Ted is aware Aaron is hurt. Our biggest star and ine of the NFLs brightest is down and what have we heard from Ted?

The team was a Super Bowl contender because it had Aaron Rodgers. Average QB play is not going to be enough to put us back into Super Bowl contention. Why send draft picks away for a team that is injured and has no chance? If Packers traded for lets say AJ McCarron or someone, then the argument would be what a stupid mistake.

Now if you're saying "did i say trade for QB? no, what about someone on defense" ... the debate on that is why would the Packers trade parts of the future for the defense now when Rodgers is hurt, but didn't while healthy?

It truly is a no-win situation.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Hoyer was a FA and required no picks. Pats picked him up for nothing other than the contract they gave him. Players released after the deadline are subject to waivers...ones before aren't. Hoyer was released before.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that SF releasing Hoyer was a stipulation to the Jimmy G trade. Belichick covers all his bases. Trading away his only backup looked a little odd but then here comes Hoyer.

The issue is not about whether Hoyer was good enough. It's about the fact Mike McCarthy said his room was set and then we hear Packers tried bringing in a FA especially after going ballistic on CK7 mention. It was a lie that Mike McCarthy was good with his QB room. Just more dreaded coach speak.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (14h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (17h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (19h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (20h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.