Zero2Cool
13 years ago
???
UserPostedImage
dhazer
13 years ago
Damn that guy sounds like me lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Dulak
13 years ago
Im not really sure the point of the article? ... is the point we shouldnt be packers fans? ... we should only be fans if they win and win how we should want them to win eg make it to the superbowl earch year?

sounds like the dude is tired of being a packers fan and wants others to join in his misery ...
dhazer
13 years ago
Sounds like a guy that is tired of losing but yet hearing excuses all the time and people are ok with it. I went thru the 70's and 80's back then we were just happy to win certain games and I for one don't want to go back to that. But guess what we can blame it all on Brett Favre because he got us used to winning. I for one am getting really tired of the injury excuse. Every damn team has them and they play on. look at the steelers they didn't have their qb for the 1st 4 weeks and have been missing probably the best safety in football. They have lost starting linemen and defensive players, but they keep winning.

I for one want someone to be held accountable for the losses and not just hear excuses
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
digsthepack
13 years ago
Yep...injuries are part of the game. But the number we have had to starters and key contributors is just ridiculous. They are doing pretty well with the street signs they now have in starting positions, if you ask me.

Never heard the players or coaches use injuries as an excuse...in fact, just the opposite. And, as someone who became a fan in 1972...please...this is not even close! Bad analogy, my man.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Brett Favre got us used to winning? Sure, in the regular season. How many inglorious first-round exits did he have again? This article isn't just about the current era -- by not-so-veiled implication, he also is talking about a good chunk of the Favre era too.

There's a decent chance that this team will end up 10-6. Last year they ended up at 11-5. That neatly straddles the Packers' average of 10.125/season wins during Favre's tenure. If the Packers end up 10-6 this year, they will have averaged 9.0 wins in the Rodgers era thus far. The Packers have averaged 9.5 wins/season in the McCarthy era, and if they win 10 this year, his average will climb to 9.6. That's only half a game under the overall Favre average, with a much lower sample size.

Slightly off topic, as I was running through the Packers' season records, I was surprised to see how often the Packers used to lose to the Lions. It was pretty much a 50-50 split for much of Favre's career. They weren't always the downtrodden team they've been the past few years.

Another remarkable statistical anomaly was the 2005 season, in which the Packers went 4-12 but actually outscored their opponents for most of the season due to a 52-3 shellacking of the New Orleans Saints in Week 5.

P.S. I actually agree with this author more than not and can empathize with the feeling he expresses in this article.
UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
13 years ago

Sounds like a guy that is tired of losing but yet hearing excuses all the time and people are ok with it. I went thru the 70's and 80's back then we were just happy to win certain games and I for one don't want to go back to that. But guess what we can blame it all on Brett Favre because he got us used to winning. I for one am getting really tired of the injury excuse. Every damn team has them and they play on. look at the steelers they didn't have their qb for the 1st 4 weeks and have been missing probably the best safety in football. They have lost starting linemen and defensive players, but they keep winning.

I for one want someone to be held accountable for the losses and not just hear excuses

"dhazer" wrote:

So Favre got us used to winning with his 10 straight years of no super bowl appearance? Perhaps you meant to say Mike Holmgren got us used to winning with 6 straight playoff appearances. Without Holmgren Favre was only 5-4 at even making the playoffs.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

This loss brought out the worst in the portion of the Packers fan base that suffers from Cute Little Team Syndrome (CLTS). Theres still too many Packers fans that dont have high enough expectations. Theyre happy with their cute little small market team, their stadium next to K-Mart, the fun atmosphere on Sunday, and all the cool Packers history.

Sure, these fans want the team to win, but if they dont, oh well. Look at how hard they fought against the big bad Patriots! We only lost by four points! We should be proud!

Sometimes it feels like Packers and coaches suffer from CLTS too. They dont, but it sure feels that way sometimes.

"Adam Czech" wrote:

One damning thing about Mike McCarthy is that he can plug in a Brett Favre, an Aaron Rodgers or a Matt Flynn and come up with the same results. He seems to be a good QB coach which is no small thing. I dont think he has what it takes to take a team to the next level.

I remember when the Bulls fired Doug Collins after several winning seasons and a trips to the playoffs. I thought that was kind of harsh at the time, but its hard to argue with the results. Meanwhile, Collins has been in and out of coaching & is still looking for a championship.

I dont know if Ted Thompson & sMurphy care as much about winning as Reinsdorf did. Having a cute little team works for revenue.

"barutan seijin" wrote:

The portion in bold is a fantastic point I had never considered before.

I was thinking at one point in the 3rd quarterwait a minute, they could actually win this game.

But then, I remembered that you cant win a game when you give up the longest return in NFL history by an offensive lineman.

Special teams have always been there this year to keep the other team within striking distance, keeping the Packers from putting anyone away.

"Lynn Dickey 12" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago

This loss brought out the worst in the portion of the Packers fan base that suffers from Cute Little Team Syndrome (CLTS). Theres still too many Packers fans that dont have high enough expectations. Theyre happy with their cute little small market team, their stadium next to K-Mart, the fun atmosphere on Sunday, and all the cool Packers history.

Sure, these fans want the team to win, but if they dont, oh well. Look at how hard they fought against the big bad Patriots! We only lost by four points! We should be proud!

Sometimes it feels like Packers and coaches suffer from CLTS too. They dont, but it sure feels that way sometimes.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

"Adam Czech" wrote:

Actually I think that is a representation of the culture of the area, the hearty and hardy nation of people living in the region. The ones that take life as it comes, embraces some of the restrictions that rural Wisconsin life provides and trials that the seasons (brutal winters at times) while still holding a smile and pushing forward.

I want the Packers to win every game.. but more so I want the Packers to represent the city of Green Bay and the state of Wisconsin well, via sportsmanship, heart and effort on the field.

And I get on them when we seem repetitive mistakes without seeing the root issue addressed, see offensive line coaching and special teams.

As far as the current failures of this current roster, we need a signature win and moment, a Brett type diving across the goal line with the playoffs on the line, to instill that kind of confidence that we will find a way to win in the end.. no matter what is standing in our way.

We got close to that Sunday night.. that might have been that moment where this roster, build from youth up and haven't learned yet how to win in the clutch.. but it very well might be fitting that we didn't without Rodgers at the helm.. as he is going to be here long term.

The past couple of seasons reminds me of the early 90's.. IMO we are closer to that Leap type moment.. we just have to grab ahold of that moment.

Maybe the Giants game provides that moment.

Now.. if this team puts together games like Sunday night consistently from this point forward this season, we not only make the playoffs.. but we make some noise when we get there.

We haven't lost a game yet by more than a touchdown.. against a very solid NFL schedule this season.

That moment is there to be had.. we just have to grab it.

What frustrates me.. is that we have seen this level of play before, when the coaches came out and called the team out.. and they responded.

Makes one wonder why they can't demand that type of performance weekly from the same folks.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
beast (1h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (1h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (18h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (19h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (22h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (22h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.