ILikeThePackers39
13 years ago
Anyone who compares this to the 70s and 80s is either greatly exaggerating to make a point or they weren't Packers fans during that period. I might accept comparisons to the early 90s when they were building to that SB team, but saying it's like the 70s and 80s is utter crap.
blank
DakotaT
13 years ago

Anyone who compares this to the 70s and 80s is either greatly exaggerating to make a point or they weren't Packers fans during that period. I might accept comparisons to the early 90s when they were building to that SB team, but saying it's like the 70s and 80s is utter crap.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

I think a lot of our posters were still floating in their daddy's nutsack for those decades. Most of the people that actually make some sense in this forum were born before 1970 and Gunny fought in WWII so who the hell knows how old that camel smoking whiskey pickled bastard is. 🙂
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
Neiher funny or brilliant.
A work of lesser intelligence and lack of Packer fanhood.
blank
dhazer
13 years ago

The reason I was referring to the 70's and 80's was because we were ok with excuses just like we have become again. And you talk about building a super bowl team where is this comparison? I see us finishing either 9-7 if the Bears sit their starters or 8-8. So please once again before you start your the king shit comments try understanding the other posts.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
70's and 80's motto was 'hey, theres always next year!'
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

The reason I was referring to the 70's and 80's was because we were ok with excuses just like we have become again. And you talk about building a super bowl team where is this comparison? I see us finishing either 9-7 if the Bears sit their starters or 8-8. So please once again before you start your the king shit comments try understanding the other posts.

Are you remembering something other than I? lol

In the 70's and the bulk of the 80's we got our head kicked in weekly.. and we came back the following week again and again with little hope. Yearly our highlight was to stay competitive with the Bears and the Vikings and hope to beat the Bucs and maybe split with the Lions.. lol.

Now.. every game we have a chance to win the freaking game.. right until the bitter end. Against the best the NFL has to offer.. Most of us are not confusing this team with a dominate one, hell we are stripped with injuries.

But yet, he we sit, in control of our own fate with the balance of the playoff before us.

There is no comparison.. none.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
ILikeThePackers39
13 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

One, I don't understand that last sentence. Pretty sure I've never referred to myself as a king. Two, I was saying that the last few years have been a lot more comparable to the PRE-Superbowl teams of the early 90s - they've been close, but have yet to break out w/ a Superbowl-worthy team. Bottom line, you're constantly comparing this era to the 70s and 80s, and it's a lousy comparison. In the 70s and 80s the teams largely sucked and even a non-losing season was reason to celebrate.
blank
dhazer
13 years ago
What I am trying to say is back then we accepted excuses on why we didn't win, just like we are doing now. When was the last time we were in the Super Bowl? It was 14 years ago and before that it was 25 years I believe so its not like we are a powerhouse every year. So we end this year at 8-8 and alot will say "it was because we had so many injuries" but these are the same people that said we have such great depth on this team. And a 500 season this year shouldn't be a surprise after look a the trend.

2005 - 4-12
2006 - 8-8
2007 - 13-3
2008 - 6-10
2009 - 11-5

so of course we are do for another down year but watch out next year lol.

Home

New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Denver
KC
NFC West

Away
Atlanta
Carolina
Oakland
San Diego
NFC East

Ok yes it looks scary but we will finish with atleast 11 wins somehow lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
13 years ago
seriously? this team is like those of the 70's & 80's?? what a friggin joke. we didn't win back then - it just didn't happen. every sunday, you went in assuming we'd lose & if we won - partayyy!! then if you were as lucky as me to live in illinois, even if we DID win, all you got to hear ALL week long was how we got lucky & how much we suck, blah blah blah.

where's your pride? anyone willing to give up on this team is NOT a true fan - you are a fair weather fan. yes i am questioning fanhood here & i don't care if you like it or not. disgraceful.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
FUCK!

Why can't it be @Denver!!!!!!!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (3h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (3h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (20h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (20h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.