Cheesey
12 years ago
The whole recall makes me laugh.
Barrett has been on TV railing on Walker on how he hasn't gotten any jobs for Wisconsin.....yet he ignores the fact that as the Mayor of Milwaukee, there have been more lost jobs on his watch then in past history. Plus he never says ANYTHING about how he would make things better, other then pandering to the public workers about getting their unions back for them.
Yeah....that's a GREAT idea. Guarenteed to go back to the "higher taxes and more spending" days prior to Walker taking office. Putting the state back into debt.

The democrats have been screaming that Walker is trying to destroy ALL workers rights and unions. Yet the FACT is, he did what HAD to be done with the state workers in order to live within the means, without raising taxes. Making state workers pay a LITTLE more of their insurance premiums, which is still lower rates then most people in the private sector have to pay.

Here's another one that gets me.....when Walker was making these cuts, the teacher's union was SCREAMING about how Walker was butchering school spending, that it was an attack on "the children".
Yet when the teachers were asked to take a 2.6% pay cut, to allow smaller class sizes and allow for more teachers to be hired, THEY VOTED IT DOWN!
So much for "It's all about the children"!
Yeah.....it is,....unless it takes a few dollars out of THEIR pockets.

It's like Obama suddenly coming out in favor of gay marriage.....6 months before the election.....hmmm......does anyone else feel like it's just so he can get the GAY vote?
Otherwise, why suddenly NOW???
UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago

It's like Obama suddenly coming out in favor of gay marriage.....6 months before the election.....hmmm......does anyone else feel like it's just so he can get the GAY vote?
Otherwise, why suddenly NOW???

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

To be fair, do you think anybody that was on the fence and could be swung to one side or the other based on each candidates' stance towards gay marriage would actually vote for Romney? GOP puts out trash candidates and they won't be able to compete with an extremely vulnerable and beatable incumbent.

Porforis
12 years ago

I give up on the political model that we have allowed to become reality.. it isn't even close to a Democracy. It is picking the least evil at this point for the good of the nation.

That is just plain sad.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

And that attitude's closing the door on the one semi-graceful solution to our political problems we have left. People keep voting for the same trash candidates because they suck less than the next guy - Keep voting for trash, and trash is all you're going to get. I guarantee you that if even half of the people that vote for people they don't feel comfortable with just because that person was the most viable option they could live with actually voted for someone they could stand behind, we'd have a dramatically different landscape.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

I admit, I don't know of a Bariboo, WI, and also have to admit I don't understand the "kochsucker" reference/meaning.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Baraboo is the home of the Ringling Brothers museum.

So I expect they know circuses.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
That's two of us.

One more and we can start singing Alice's Restaurant.

[grin1]

Remember, keep voting "lesser of two evils," and all you do is legitimate the bozos who insist on us choosing between two evils. And encourage them to become worse and worse bozos.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Porforis
12 years ago
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120516/GPG010403/120516014/Barrett-dismissive-Walker-s-new-job-numbers 

Early release of this data is obviously political, but interesting to see that the immediate response is an accusation that Walker openly falsified the data sent to the bureau of labor statistics. Oh, politics...
dyeah_gb
12 years ago
Just caught up with this post. Watching from afar in the liberal heartland of MD, I am anxious to see the recall efforts fail. I still don't understand how the dialogue last year was on Walker's bill as opposed to the illegal behavior by a bunch of democrats leaving the state to avoid the vote.
Liberal thinking is a sickness where the rules and standards are always twisted to support their ideology; even if it is trampling on the basic concepts that a republic is founded on.

The simple fact is that their is only a finite amount of money that is taken in and that the entitlements such as those that state unions ultimately demand are unsustainable. Since the republican bill in Wisconsin has been passed, Wisconsin has improved significantly in attracting businesses to the state; a key source of revenue: As a matter of fact. they were the most improved in the country. 

I also think it is unfair that, since 95% of union donations go to democrats, that they are not considered an illegal laundering scheme for state and federal governments. It is no wonder that libs are having the tantrum of their lives on this issue.

Anyways, those that disagree, I respect your opinion provided fundamental logic is used in the debate.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
DakotaT
12 years ago

That's two of us.

One more and we can start singing Alice's Restaurant.

[grin1]

Remember, keep voting "lesser of two evils," and all you do is legitimate the bozos who insist on us choosing between two evils. And encourage them to become worse and worse bozos.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Now you have me thinking about Arlow Guthrie, as if I didn't loathe you hippies enough. What the hell were you all thinking, LSD must have been one hell of a drug. [grin1]

I still think the best candidate is D. None of the above.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

Now you have me thinking about Arlow Guthrie, as if I didn't loathe you hippies enough. What the hell were you all thinking, LSD must have been one hell of a drug. [grin1]

I still think the best candidate is D. None of the above.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

And that's now three of us. We're a movement.

Welcome to the "Group W bench", DakotaT.

[grin1]

p.s. I'm a geezer, but I'm still too young to have been a hippy.

Cheesey
12 years ago
dyeah_gb.....you hit the nail on the head.
My wife was a member of a union, and she protested the use of her dues going towards people she did not want in public office.
But she had NO choice in the matter.

The fact that unions always saddle up with the democrats SHOULD raise some red flags with the voters. But most of them just go along with it.
We were constantly getting flyers in the mail from the Democratic office in Wisconsin telling us to vote against any republican.
I would read them, just to see if there was any substance to them. I never saw any, though.

Anyway....once again, i ask WHY hasn't Tom Barrett said anything about the jobs lost in Milwaukee since he was elected Mayor? He keeps attacking Walker, but never says anything about his OWN failings in the city. Do we want someone with HIS history in charge of the entire state?
My wife's job was in Milwaukee. Her company shut down the factory and she lost her job of 17 years through no fault of her own.
UserPostedImage