Zero2Cool
12 years ago

By the way ... a question for you in Wisconsin -- what's the state of the recall Walker campaign these days?

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Last year, while driving about an hour an half to see our dad. My sister and I seen over a dozen big Stand With Walker signs that someone(s) destroyed. It seemed awfully petty to me for someone(s) to do such a thing. It could have been simply one person, but it made me think if those who are against Walker are wiling to freely commit vandalism ... well ... its not a good message to send.

As of right now, it appears June 5th is the voting day between Scott Walker and Tom Barrett. I get a little chuckle when I read comments about how Barrett has Milwaukee so bad, but Walker has done so well for Wisconsin. Milwaukee is the biggest city in Wisconsin population wise. How can you cut off your nose in spite of your face? lol

I really have no understanding of politics apparently.

Edit, I should note that driving around in Wisconsin the last few months (including several trips to lower Michigan) I've noticed a lot of Walker support signs. Even a funny one about wanting to recall the Pizza delivery man because he ordered a pizza, but was upset about using dough or something. I don't remember it well but it was funny.

UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago
All I know is that if I had a house, I'd probably be between a "Recall Walker" and a "Stand with Walker" sign, and I'd want to put a "Completely Neutral on Walker" sign in my front yard.
vikesrule
12 years ago
4 Winds Motel, Bariboo Wisconsin....

UserPostedImage 

Zero2Cool
12 years ago

4 Winds Motel, Bariboo Wisconsin....

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

I admit, I don't know of a Bariboo, WI, and also have to admit I don't understand the "kochsucker" reference/meaning.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

I admit, I don't know of a Bariboo, WI, and also have to admit I don't understand the "kochsucker" reference/meaning.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

My interpretation of kochsucker would be that Walker is a puppet for the big corporations who want unions broken so wages can be lowered.

Wisconsin is the major player in the labor war this year. A lot of out of state money from both sides is being pumped into that election, and it is going to be fun to watch.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago

My interpretation of kochsucker would be that Walker is a puppet for the big corporations who want unions broken so wages can be lowered.

Wisconsin is the major player in the labor war this year. A lot of out of state money from both sides is being pumped into that election, and it is going to be fun to watch.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

It's in reference to the Koch brothers.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/article_531276b6-3f6a-11e0-b288-001cc4c002e0.html 
DakotaT
12 years ago

It's in reference to the Koch brothers.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/article_531276b6-3f6a-11e0-b288-001cc4c002e0.html 

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

So where do you stand Porforis?

UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago

So where do you stand Porforis?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I'm not going to get into an extensive debate over this lest I give myself an ulcer but since you asked so nicely - I think Walker took about one step too far to the right. Overall, compared to the pool of politicians we have to compare him to and for him to compete with (Barrett, Faulk), he is not more idealistic to a fault than the next guy. Nor has he taken advantage of his power and the power of his allies in the legislature to ram through somewhat questionable but not completely batshit legislation any more than any other executive would. I think the recall effort itself is ridiculous, that the only situations where any politician should be recalled is if he is convicted of a crime/accused of a crime in a situation where the evidence is somewhat overwhelming.

To explain that stance more - If the president could be recalled, there would be a recall vote nearly every election going back to Jimmy Carter, possibly earlier. It takes a very long time for the full effect of economic policy changes to be realized, to say that someone needs to leave office because you believes he is attacking workers' rights isn't enough in my mind, unless you're proposing that every member of congress and the president should be subject to recall as well - I'm sure you could find a significant portion of America to believe similar accusations about just about quite a few of them.

Things obviously aren't the same at the state level as at the federal level and recalling the president would be a much larger deal than recalling a governor. I still think it's petty and shortsighted and a significant portion of the more rabid anti-Walker campaign would cry bloody murder if conservatives tried to recall Obama (if that were possible). That just rubs me the wrong way.

As far as the Walker-Koch thing goes - Based on what we DO know, based on the prank call alone, that means absolutely nothing. If an important client of yours starts joking around or making somewhat questionable comments with you, you don't tell him that you think he's being a bit extreme and should cool his jets. You don't need to fully play along but just because Walker doesn't flip his shit on the Koch impersonator doesn't mean that Walker's rotten to the core.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

Last year, while driving about an hour an half to see our dad. My sister and I seen over a dozen big Stand With Walker signs that someone(s) destroyed. It seemed awfully petty to me for someone(s) to do such a thing. It could have been simply one person, but it made me think if those who are against Walker are wiling to freely commit vandalism ... well ... its not a good message to send.

As of right now, it appears June 5th is the voting day between Scott Walker and Tom Barrett. I get a little chuckle when I read comments about how Barrett has Milwaukee so bad, but Walker has done so well for Wisconsin. Milwaukee is the biggest city in Wisconsin population wise. How can you cut off your nose in spite of your face? lol

I really have no understanding of politics apparently.

Edit, I should note that driving around in Wisconsin the last few months (including several trips to lower Michigan) I've noticed a lot of Walker support signs. Even a funny one about wanting to recall the Pizza delivery man because he ordered a pizza, but was upset about using dough or something. I don't remember it well but it was funny.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't either.

I thought a "recall" meant "we gotta get rid of this guy."

I thought the actual election (with competing candidates) came only after the the recall referendum worked.

I'm convinced that Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, and Iowa are in a competition to see which can be screwiest politically.

(reserving comment on the proper place in the rankings of "commonwealths" like Pennsylvania and pseudo-states like North Dakota)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Pack93z
12 years ago
Does it really matter anymore.. Walker in or out? Even Falk or Barrett?

Do we really believe any of them aren't puppets for one group or another?

Everyone of them rules by the same motto...

UserPostedImage

My vote is becoming a write in.. NONE.

I give up on the political model that we have allowed to become reality.. it isn't even close to a Democracy. It is picking the least evil at this point for the good of the nation.

That is just plain sad.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"