musccy
13 years ago
and on another good note, Fitzwalker will no longer abolish the mandadate that communities recycle.

Walker backs down from eliminating mandatory recycling. 
Cheesey
13 years ago
I love the whole "recycling" stuff.
Especially when big companies can "buy" the right to pollute.
So it really has nothing to do with "saving" the planet, it's just greed being made to LOOK like caring.
I'm not against trying to recycle, in case some think that because of what i wrote. Just making the point that EVERYTHING, including the EPA is all about the MONEY.
And Veg is right.....i believe it was Tom Ament who got run out of Milwaukee because he was just filling his pockets. Unfortunately, it was done too late. Future Wisconsinites will be paying for it for many, many years.
Now this new county exec........Chris Abele......what a joke! The guy ignored court dates, and piled up what, 90 plus parking tickets that he didn't pay. Yet Milwaukee voted HIM to run things??? LOL! That shows how out of touch with reality the "big city" people really are.
Well....they will get what they asked for!!!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Scott is a genius.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

Scott is a genius.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yep.. think of all the jobs he has created through the John Doe investigations taking place. :)

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I see this billboard every morning when I exit 172. Pretty funny.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago
Is there an upper limit on the number of pages or posts per thread?
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Is there an upper limit on the number of pages or posts per thread?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

What does that have to do with Scott Walker? And what the hell are you asking??
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

You know what chaps my ass: I've spent an awful lot of time in hospitals over the last year and there is a common theme in every one of them - beautiful flooring and cabinets and wallcoverings. These hospitals all operate as non-profit organizations so they are taking health care costs sky high and not improving health care, but greasing the local contractors. Republicans call this kind of thing economic development - I call it corruption. I don't give a flying fuck if I'm wheeling my sick kid over freshly laid ceramic tile on the way to the doctor, or the old tile that use to be there. But at the end of the visit, I sure would like my bill to be less.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

A lot of that is perception. We as a country are superficial. When taking your child to a hospital, such as making it THE hospital you frequent ... you do so 'window shopping' so to speak. You walk through the facility and get a 'feel' for it. The perception that the facility is good is often determined by its up-keep. You're exactly the kind of person who would walk into a place, see the crappy floors and immediately "Fuckers can't maintain something simple like a floor, no way are they touching my family!"

Although, we all agree, more money towards providing better care is what is needed ... the appearance plays a mighty role because of our own shallowness.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago

A lot of that is perception. We as a country are superficial. When taking your child to a hospital, such as making it THE hospital you frequent ... you do so 'window shopping' so to speak. You walk through the facility and get a 'feel' for it. The perception that the facility is good is often determined by its up-keep. You're exactly the kind of person who would walk into a place, see the crappy floors and immediately "Fuckers can't maintain something simple like a floor, no way are they touching my family!"

Although, we all agree, more money towards providing better care is what is needed ... the appearance plays a mighty role because of our own shallowness.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It's also very important to keep surfaces clean. If you have uneven, cracked tiling and peeling wallpaper it's much harder to keep the place clean. But a very good point about perception - It caused me to switch dentists after going to a run down place. If you have the option of going to a dentist's office that's run down versus a shiny new one and all of the expenses and services are exactly the same as far as you can tell, which would you go to? Which one would you assume cares more about what they do - the place that cares about appearance or the place that doesn't care if there's holes in the wall and broken tiles and the like?

Obviously these things cost money but appearance does matter to people, and in some cases is representative of the business owners' attitudes. There's little more important than your healthcare, people are going to take these minor cues all the more seriously.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
By the way ... a question for you in Wisconsin -- what's the state of the recall Walker campaign these days?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Mucky Tundra (17h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
    Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
    TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
    Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
    dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
    dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
    Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
    beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
    dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
    dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
    Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    3h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

12h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

13h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

13h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

19h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.