dhpackr
12 years ago

In Wisconsin the Packers are tops,

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

beg to differ. maybe north of fox valley, but not south eastern Wisconsin.

just wondering, how old were you in '82?

IMO, you are basing your opinion on your age and demographic (you're from GB)
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

just do not agree...

Originally Posted by: dhpackr 

ok. that is fine. As I said, there will not be a way to prove my point since they will not fall apart. So it ends up only being a few key strokes on a web page.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

beg to differ. maybe north of fox valley, but not south eastern Wisconsin.

just wondering, how old were you in '82?

IMO, you are basing your opinion on your age and demographic (you're from GB)

Of course you beg to differ because you don't know any better, that's okay. I've spent a lot of time in Milwaukee, Port Washington, Well Allis,... I know what I'm talking about, you don't. Wanna take this up in a boxing match? I'll wear Packers gloves and you Brewers. We'll see who still standing afterwards bubba!!!

Anyhooters, there's never been any national media that said the Brewers fans were the best in sports like you hear about the Packers fans all of the time. Check out the attendance records for Packers games and Brewers games. Yeah, exactly, know the truth and accept it.
UserPostedImage
dhpackr
12 years ago
binge and purge
DakotaT
12 years ago
Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, and Cleveland are all spectacular baseball cities; but the fans have to wait so long for a winning team. If only the greed of the major markets could be curbed - then an even playing field could be set up like in football.

I agree that it is this year for the Brewers, cause they'll lose Prince next year; and their current payroll is probably not sustainable.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

Anyhooters, there's never been any national media that said the Brewers fans were the best in sports like you hear about the Packers fans all of the time. Check out the attendance records for Packers games and Brewers games. Yeah, exactly, know the truth and accept it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Apples and Oranges while talking attendance.. one sport has 8 home games.. the other.. 81..

Flip it to argue.. 3 million fans the past couple years attending Brewer games to less than 600,000. [grin1]

Different sports and impossible to claim either superior within the state.. but that won't stop people from trying.. lol.

Bottom line.. Baseball is a superior sport to football on the radio.. and probably have less fans dropping everything to watch a game where they can listen vs a Packers game where people schedule their lives around the games to watch them..

Something about baseball on the radio that translates so well.. not as much in football.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dhpackr
12 years ago
so you really are clueless b/c you never experienced when the brewers went to the world series!
Pack93z
12 years ago

so you really are clueless b/c you never experienced when the brewers went to the world series!

Incorrect if this is directed at me.. caught almost every game of the playoff's.. including the series.. mostly on the radio.

Six people.. one TV.. I didn't get to watch them all.. but I could control my radio. [grin1]
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
12 years ago
I hate Willie McGee to this day. Rollie Fingers going down hurt, because in '82 the Brewers were the best team in baseball.
UserPostedImage
dhpackr
12 years ago
it was not directed at you, but riddle me this...

what team was more popular from 1979-1982...

the brewers or packers??

point i want to make is many ppl, especially in their 20's, have not experienced brewer fever yet.

they have experienced the packers and a long winning streak, but not the brewers on a run.

so they base their opinion on what they have experienced.

another person, may have experienced both. the '82 brewers, '96 packers, 2010 packers.

i think there are a ton of baseball fans n this state that have not had a lot to cheer about for some time...

if given the opportunity to have something to be excited about over an extended period of time, i think many on this forum would be surprised at the frenzy that would occur. and yes, IMO, it would take over packer pride.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (12h) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (17h) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (23h) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-May / Around The NFL / bboystyle

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.