• Preferred Member
12 years ago

binge and purge

Originally Posted by: dhpackr 

=d> =d> well done.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

point i want to make is many ppl, especially in their 20's, have not experienced brewer fever yet.

Point is, I'm not in my 20's and I am right, you are wrong and you need to accept that factoid. I fear if you don't accept it, you will start losing sleep and typing in all caps in your dreams. I am only thinking of your well being here. It is important, kind of like me owning a Lamborghini Diablo SV before I die. Probably will not happen, however, much like your dream that the Brewers fans are supersede the Packers fans, it simply isn't true nor will come to fruition, EVER, EVER, EVER!!!

Say it with me now ... gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos-fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry, I just can't take this Brewer Fan vs Packer Fan pathetically ignorant stupid ass argument seriously.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

i think there are a ton of baseball fans n this state that have not had a lot to cheer about for some time...

Agreed.. but most loyal Brewer fans, have embraced the entire last couple season of competitive baseball overall.. not just this season.

Ticket sales and viewership on Fox Sports have proven that Brewer mania has been here a while.. correct?

Like this seasons attendance is on pace with the past couple in which we have drawn well.

And even then... you don't have large numbers people planning their days around the Brewer games.. like you do with Packer games.

But there lies the rub.. it is impossible to make the comparison because they are different sports with different demographics.

I personally think it is pissing into the wind to try and judge which is greater beyond opinion.. Packers following or the Brewers.

All I know is this.. the Packers continued to sellout through the lean decades of the 70's and 80's... the Brewers attendance dropped off in the lean years from the mid 80's through mid 2000's...

Where the Packers benefit from the sport being "wisely" setup where all teams have more of an equal opportunity to the Brewers competing in a sport without that assistance of equality.. and it has hurt them.. along with some poor management prior to Melvin and Mark buying the team.

That is were Bud has failed us as an owner, failing to spend and put proper management in place to compete and as a commissioner.. he hasn't leveled the competitive playing field.

I am soaking in this season for the Brewers.. because all said and done.. they are playing good baseball right now.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I am soaking in this season for the Brewers.. because all said and done.. they are playing good baseball right now.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Yes sir, this is true. It's fun to watch because they winning even the close games now.
UserPostedImage
dhpackr
12 years ago
might as well move this one 2 the back alley also!

1. I am not wrong, there are more baseball fans than football fans in WI.

2. The Packers did not sell out through he entire 70's & 80's. I went to plenty of games during that time frame where there were plenty of open seats, especially in County Stadium in November and December.

Those are the facts, like it or not!
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

might as well move this one 2 the back alley also!

1. I am not wrong, there are more baseball fans than football fans in WI.

2. The Packers did not sell out through he entire 70's & 80's. I went to plenty of games during that time frame where there were plenty of open seats, especially in County Stadium in November and December.

this is the only fact that you need to comprehend.

Packers fans have bigger penis' than Brewers fan!!!

BTW, a sell out doesn't mean full stadium, it means that every ticket was sold.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

Really not trying to argue.. just illustrating my point and why I noted it (although I didn't know it began in 1960). There is a difference between selling a ticket and said seat being filled on game day.. even today.. you can find an empty seat in a sellout.

County Stadium and the mess surrounding the Season Packages withstanding.. that said.. County Stadium was a unique place to catch a football game.. tickets with views of mostly stadium posts included at no extra cost. Much like the Metrodome.. only difference that is 20 years removed.. Metrodome still has said issues. [grin1]

Steelers, Packers no strangers to sellout streaks, waiting lists
Saturday, February 05, 2011
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Tickets for the game Sunday are tough to come by. And those that can be come by were selling for an average of $4,683 as of Wednesday.

That should come as no surprise to any faithful follower of the Steelers or Packers. After all, tickets for regular-season games for years have been harder to find than a Pirates fan willing to predict a winning season.

The Packers have sold out every home game at Lambeau Field since 1960.

The Steelers have sold out every home game at Three Rivers Stadium and now Heinz Field since November 1972.

The only numbers that trump the Packers' streak are those associated with the waiting list of those wanting to add to it.

Gary D'Amato of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Sunday that the list numbers approximately 86,000 names. About 90 tickets turn over each offseason. At that rate, No. 86,000 on the list can expect to have his own seats at Lambeau Field XXX just in time for the 2966 season.

Because of the wait, including place numbers in wills and signing up newborns have become common practices.

The Steelers also have a waiting list, though it hasn't quite become as mythologized as that of the Packers. In 2007, Forbes magazine reported it to be at about 40,000 fans long. Other reports peg it as high as 88,000.

No matter what, fans on the list shouldn't stock up on tailgating staples anytime soon.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11036/1123378-66.stm#ixzz1VDIXzFGZ 

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
12 years ago

That is were Bud has failed us as an owner, failing to spend and put proper management in place to compete and as a commissioner.. he hasn't leveled the competitive playing field.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

At least quote me when you plagiorize my ideas.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

At least quote me when you plagiorize my ideas.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

LOL.. actually didn't see your post until mention. [grin1]

Kidding of course.. been on that bandwagon for years.. there are some Yankee threads around here someplace for reference.. lol..

THAT SAID.... I RIPPED OFF DAKOTAT TODAY! 😳
Pack93z
12 years ago
In the silliness of arguing between the fanbases..

All I know is many a folk are talking Brewers and heavy.. nothing but good for the club.

Hmmmm.. a YES type network for the state? 🤔
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.