Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

I just spent about half my monthly salary on Valentines Day plans and sat through a full hour(!) of The Notebook, so my interests are obviously not with video games anymore.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Holy shit, dude, are you planning marrying this girl? I wouldn't spend that much on a 10th anniversary!

And yes, gaming and girls don't have to be mutually exclusive. Kat2 and I are known to lay down some lead against each other in a game of Cube II  now and then. :-"

Porforis raises a great point with his comments on stress. I know if I am experiencing prolonged anxiety over some upcoming event in my life, my libido tends to dissipate.

I would also like to second the comments on soy. I used to be a soy fanatic -- soy cereal, soy meat, soy milk, etc. After I learned of all the downsides to soy, I cut it out of my life to the greatest extent possible, and I noticed an almost immediate improvement, not just in my libido but also in my overall health. Soy is full of estrogens, which are the last things men need to be putting in their bodies. They've shown that women who consume soy while pregnant give birth to boys with higher rates of reproductive tract defects.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

I'm fairly confident there's always been a certain something that's kept youths away from exploring their raging hormones for every generation. The more recent just happens to be video games. I highly doubt 50-100 years ago there wasn't something that held youths from exploring their sexual urges.

Zero2Cool wrote:

I highly doubt this. Remember, not so long ago, reproduction was considered a solemn duty of virtually everyone who didn't enter the religious life. Life was hard, often short, and children were the functional equivalent of life insurance. In the Middle Ages, for example, virginity past the onset of puberty was extremely rare. (To use one example from literature, it often makes people uncomfortable to realize that Juliet is not quite 14 when the play opens, so our modern productions tend to gloss over that disconcerting fact.)

That's one of the reasons why I find it amusing when people act like teenage sex is some modern tragedy. That's the farthest thing from the truth. Teenage sex has been the norm throughout history. Yes, it was primarily married teen sex, but that is beside the point. It's only been in very recent history -- within the past century -- that widespread abstinence during adolescence even became thinkable, much less mainstream. To think that 40 percent of Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 are virgins these days is just mind boggling.

Obviously, that doesn't mean humans were simply fucking like rabbits all the time. They had to work their asses off and probably came home dog tired, which may have often put a crimp on the lovemaking. Plus there were other circumstances that might lead to temporary periods of abstinence: abstinence after childbirth (or during periods of privation), war campaigns, long hunts, sailing, trading expeditions, exploration and pioneering, etc. But those were the exception, not the rule. The concept of young men sitting around in fantasy worlds instead of leading real-life families and bearing real-world responsibility is recent indeed.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

We don't give a rat's ass about the cut of your jeans. The universal truth about men is your decolletage. We don't know exactly why, and 90% of the men looking don't even know what the fuck decolletage IS, (by word, but it is quite descriptive) Your naked breasts are NOT as interesting as this, to us, and it isn't even close, for perspective, in my experience. The french pegged this one.

We like nips we just barely cannot see, and the curvature getting to 'em. Levi Strauss cannot deliver that. The sooner you women-folk realize that, the sooner we can all get back to haba da gee, lol

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Sorry, Foster, yer fulla shit on this one.

Legs and butts rock! And next to the black evening gown cut up to there, few things can be sexier than a gal in her jeans.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I highly doubt this. Remember, not so long ago, reproduction was considered a solemn duty of virtually everyone who didn't enter the religious life. Life was hard, often short, and children were the functional equivalent of life insurance. In the Middle Ages, for example, virginity past the onset of puberty was extremely rare. (To use one example from literature, it often makes people uncomfortable to realize that Juliet is not quite 14 when the play opens, so our modern productions tend to gloss over that disconcerting fact.)

That's one of the reasons why I find it amusing when people act like teenage sex is some modern tragedy. That's the farthest thing from the truth. Teenage sex has been the norm throughout history. Yes, it was primarily married teen sex, but that is beside the point. It's only been in very recent history -- within the past century -- that widespread abstinence during adolescence even became thinkable, much less mainstream. To think that 40 percent of Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 are virgins these days is just mind boggling.

Obviously, that doesn't mean humans were simply fucking like rabbits all the time. They had to work their asses off and probably came home dog tired, which may have often put a crimp on the lovemaking. Plus there were other circumstances that might lead to temporary periods of abstinence: abstinence after childbirth (or during periods of privation), war campaigns, long hunts, sailing, trading expeditions, exploration and pioneering, etc. But those were the exception, not the rule. The concept of young men sitting around in fantasy worlds instead of leading real-life families and bearing real-world responsibility is recent indeed.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

How can you highly doubt it? It's common sense. Nothing about human nature is purely absolute as you are implying. Teenage sex was more accepted 100 years ago, but that does not mean nothing deterred their sexual drives as teenagers.

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying. There have always been people who chose not to have sex, for whatever reason. My point is there wasn't the societally sanctioned and even encouraged outlets of escapism until recent history. Except for the upper classes who had more opportunities for leisure, most people had to face the realities of life pretty early.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying. There have always been people who chose not to have sex, for whatever reason. My point is there wasn't the societally sanctioned and even encouraged outlets of escapism until recent history. Except for the upper classes who had more opportunities for leisure, most people had to face the realities of life pretty early.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

There's a good chance I'm not understanding what I'm saying. Shortening up what I was saying was, video games are only today's "sex block" where as it was something else 100 years ago, something else 200 years ago... etc... The tone I perceived was that video games were ruining teenage sex lives so to speak. I think video games are simply just today's distraction of sex. That is all.
UserPostedImage
coltonja
12 years ago
I want to start this by apologizing with the nose in the air sentiment of this statement (which I will qualify that with I am currently an undergrad psych major) but I want to point something out.

This article states that 40 percent of men do not want to have sex. However, this number comes from "Relationship counsellors report a 40 per cent..." I'm not sure if that sends off alarm bells to everyone but to my minimally trained brain that screams bad external validity, or generability. Having a population of men that go to relationship counselors with problems, even if they are not to do with sex, is a horrible sample and does not translate well to the general population.

That being said, you guys probably picked that up anyway (smart crew here), it still may be true it just needs a better study.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
You raise a good point. I don't think the article ever claimed it was a double-blind study. Obviously, a study based on people in counseling is going to suffer from significant selection bias.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

video games are only today's "sex block" where as it was something else 100 years ago, something else 200 years ago... etc...

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It's possible, but I struggle to think of what it might have been. It's not like sports played a big role in cultures of that period -- there simply wasn't enough leisure time. I think that with our modern mores, we often underestimate just how much pressure was placed on young people to have sex. Remember, a woman unmarried by the age of 16 was considered an old maid in a lot of cultures. Social and community events tended to place a lot of emphasis on bringing people together for the purposes of finding suitable mates, and parents frequently were bringing their children's attention to prospective good matches from a very young age (sometimes infancy!). You could argue that the hunt, the sweat lodges, and even politics emerged as ways for men to get time away from women (I've even read arguments that patriarchy arose as a way for women to get men out of the house!), but it's not like most of those guys were virgins. It's this phenomenon of young men hanging out with each other out of fear of rejection or outright disinterest in sex that I think is a modern development. In the old days, the less virile of men tended to be pressed into service at a pretty young age.

If someone has some information about youth movements that actively postponed sex (other than religious orders), I would love to hear about them. I think it would make for fascinating reading.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
12 years ago
Multiquote button failed me so im going to touch on the things I can remember.

Topic of video games. If you notice your son would rather play video games than go out, your duty as a parent is to cut off his video games, he is addicted and you need to fix it before it fucks him up socially. My children aren't going to have video games, period. If you are choosing video games over sex, you have a serious issue that you need to fix, that's all there is to it. Not sure if you can tell but I am completely against children playing video games. Not because "violent video games make kids shoot up schools," but because video games have proven to be one of the most addicting activities in children and as a result social skills are lacking severely, not to mention changes in the brain and the growing amount of fat kids.

Women: A tight butt and firm legs are 100x more important than any pair of tits. I absolutely LOVE the athletic body type.

Internet affecting view on women: Absolutely true. It's pretty commonly accepted that gore on the internet and in movies has desensitized our society to that type of thing, I don't hear many people arguing that at all. It is exactly the same way when it comes to women. Standards for women are raised due to the 10's your looking at on the internet all the time. Dicks are numbed.
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (49m) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (6h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (8h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (8h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (10h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (10h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (10h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (11h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (11h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (22h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (23h) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.